ISO F1 1971 Historic Edition

Cars ISO F1 1971 Historic Edition 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Even if I lift completely, the gear change takes 2 seconds. I press the clutch, lift the throttle completely, shift into gear and have to wait 2 seconds for it to actually get in. This all while still standing on the clutch pedal with no throttle at all.

I have just tried other cars, like reiza formula vintage, formula retro and historx mod. No problems at all.

I am sorry, but that has to be a problem on your end. Something with your controller or options. We have a league running, and people are racing normally with these cars. You can even check the broadcasts on youtube.

I assume you have not any assist on? I switch them on sometimes when “lazy“ and use padels

Will check later on as I normally run H pattern cars with shifter & clutch, at least in AMS & rF2.

The difference I note regarding shifting is that all Reiza H pattern cars goes 1-2-3-4-5 and this mod 1-N-2-N-3-N-4-N-5 and the N shift happen when you put in the new gear, not when the current one is released.

Right or wrong I don't know, but this forces you to keep the clutch down after you have put the gear in an extra moment so the gear "enters" as well, makes a bit easy to "miss" the gear and get into N instead, at least when you not used to it.

There is something wrong with shifting. I'm driving with clutch and H pattern shifter. There is a huge delay of 2-3 seconds between my shift and the gear actually plop in.

Almost undriveable like it is now.

I am experiencing the same thing.

The difference I note regarding shifting is that all Reiza H pattern cars goes 1-2-3-4-5 and this mod 1-N-2-N-3-N-4-N-5 and the N shift happen when you put in the new gear, not when the current one is released.

Right or wrong I don't know, but this forces you to keep the clutch down after you have put the gear in an extra moment so the gear "enters" as well, makes a bit easy to "miss" the gear and get into N instead, at least when you not used to it.

Will try this next time I play. Makes sense. :)

I just can't get used to the shifting delay.

The delay comes from this two lines in the hdv files.

AdvancedUpshiftDelay=0.21
AdvancedDownshiftDelay=0.21

Why should there be an extra delay, if I engaged the gear on my H-pattern shifter? There is no delay in real life. If the gear is in, its in.

With lowering these values, the mod drives and shifts exactly like every other manual vintage car in AMS. You still have to use the clutch and blip the throttle for downshifts.

Thats why you have a clutch.

There is no delay in real life. The only delay you have is the time you need to move your arm and shift into gear. If the move is completed, the gear is in. There is no extra delay in a gearbox. The clutch cuts the power between engine and gearbox so you can engage the gear.

Last edited:
in real life there could be an limit how fast you can change the gear, but as there is no such limiter in any sim, an time limit could be ok, here it seems a bit to long, maybe because of the 1-N-2 behavior

I still don't see what is the problem. You have to wait a bit longer before you can accelerate after you change gear, so what?...

I have that time for two reasons: it avoids flatshifting, and it nullifies the advantage of using paddles in relation to an H pattern controller.

If the gears are missing, be smoother and wait a bit before you stomp the throttle, it's really that simple.

dont get me wrong, i still think this is still one of the best mods i ever installed on ams.

but i have driven race cars with what i assume, worse gearboxes with shorter limits.

Thanks for the mod mate it is great. i use paddles for my gear change and can confirm that you have to give it time for the shifts. Personally i think that is good as it means i get the odd missed gear which does make you slow down the shifting with the paddles. Thanks for making this mod available

I understand your reasons for the delay. I partly agree with you, especially when it comes to the paddle shifters.

The thing is, you don't just penalize paddle shifters (what would be ok), you double penalize H-pattern shifters. Is there no way to just penalize the paddle guys?

It feels strange and artificial to stay on the clutch that extra time for the gear beeing registered.

The delay is way to long. Even with H-pattern shifter, the shift itself doesn't take 0.21 seconds.

We ran a server yesterday. 5 people with H-pattern shifters. Four of them gave up because of the many missshifts.

Hey Richard,

I don't have time to test your mod but just looking at the HDV, it looks nice!
For the MNRL 1975 F1 mod, I added a few of the AMS upgrades but I did not include the new Advance Transmission as MNRL is an older gent leagueand the issue with that mod was tire temps.

So my two cents on the shift timing is:
As your UpshiftClutchTime=0.08 and your DownshiftClutchTime=0.20
The AdvancedUpshiftDelay should be similar and not 0.21.
The AdvancedDownshiftDelay is fine as it match the 0.20 of the clutch time.

The Sequential=0 is what makes the tranny go 1-N-2-N-3... and I'm all for it as I have shifted Hewlands gearbox myself, Mk.8-Mk.9, in FF.
To all of you guys out there, Dogs, are not Synchros. They couldn't care less how you wanna shift. They will shift like their design permits them to... period.

A few more bits, since Hewlands of that era used Cam & Pawl diffs, both of the Diff Range, Power & Coast, should be 0.90 or 1.00. They where open at constant speed. The second any kind of torque was applied, one way or another, they fully locked up. The Hewland PowerFlow Salisbury LS diff appeared roughly in the middle of the 70s.

******************** EDIT ********************
I'm in error !!!
I wrote "both of the Diff Range, Power & Coast, should be 0.90 or 1.00"
Correction : "the Power Diff Range should be at 1.00, fully locked, and the Coast Diff Range to zero as these diff had no possibility to apply any lock on deceleration."
******************** EDIT ********************

And Diff ratio wise:

©Hewland Engineering Ltd
MAINCASE AND DIFFERENTIAL PARTS LIST
Hewland DG300

CROWN WHEEL & PINION 8:31
CROWN WHEEL & PINION 9:31
CROWN WHEEL & PINION 11:38

Hewland FG400
Crown Wheel & Pinion 7:31
Crown Wheel & Pinion 8:31
Crown Wheel & Pinion 9:31
Crown Wheel & Pinion 10:31

No other.

I don't have data for the gear ratios but if you check the Retro car gears, looks spot on.

HF

Last edited:
Thank you for your input MotherDawg it's much appreciated.

Regarding the Cam and Pawl diff, the literature, and it's design, all suggest that they are indeed locked on power, but would be open when coasting. Hence the 0 value i have on my diff, but this is one of those things that nobody seem to have gotten right so far in sim racing, and you have also a different understanding on it.

Thank you again for the info, much appreciated, and i am glad you like the mod!

Fabulous mod @Richard Wilks, thanks for your hard work! :thumbsup:
When it comes to the cars I normally eschew mods and stick to Reiza's offerings, but these are marvellous! :inlove:

A couple of things though I'd like to ask..

Firstly, I've observed what I presume to be two gearbox failures suffered by the AI. This causes a huge problem in that they continue to circulate stuck in gear, and cause absolute havoc.
Is there a way to make them pull off the track, or as a workaround, stop this type of failure from happening? In my last thirty car race at Kyalami, I lost half the grid in a gargantuan pile-up.

Also, is there are way of tidying up the driver names as they appear in game? I appreciate the authenticity you've achieved in having all the correct drivers per round, but in my DynHUD I can't tell who is who.
Thanks again!
20180909210023_1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years