HRT's big talk

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/03/30/Karthikeyan-Well-qualify-in-Sepang/gnid-91463/

Honestly, Karthikeyan isn't necessarily talentless. But he's not F1 material. He wasn't even that overtly impressive in the NASCAR trucks (although he didnt do badly there either). But this is big talk for someone who hasn't really proven anything.

Think HRT will qualify? Or will they pull a Life (LOL anyone remember that Life F1 team from 1990? :D)?

I think they will definatly make the 107% if they get there wings going. (that goes for both front and rear wing.) Sutil was a few tenths off with the old front wing and no moveable rear wing (I am not 100% sure about the moveable rear wing but the Greek commentators said that HRT didn't bring it).

Jeez, not this again...

That said, yes, they will probably reach the 107% soon IMO. They weren't THAT far in Melbourne(no more than 1-2 seconds for Liuzzi). Considering their very little track time so far with this car(a few laps more or less), they have an enormous gap for improvement. They will definitely get very close to it once they get all 2011 parts installed, including the crucial DRS(which they didn't have at Melbourne AFAIK).

Jeez, not this again...

That said, yes, they will probably reach the 107% soon IMO. They weren't THAT far in Melbourne(no more than 1-2 seconds for Liuzzi). Considering their very little track time so far with this car(a few laps more or less), they have an enormous gap for improvement. They will definitely get very close to it once they get all 2011 parts installed, including the crucial DRS(which they didn't have at Melbourne AFAIK).

2 Seconds for Karthikeyan and around 1 second for Luzzi so yes there will definatly be lot's of improvments if they get those new parts before Sepang.

They will gain some lap-time by just doing laps. They did it last year and the setup became better and they were easily inside the 107%. I would imagine the same will happen again this year but they need track time during P1-3 at Sepang to be able to perform better in Quali.

And Narain wasn't too slow in qual-pace (or rain) in his Jordan-time.

Anyway, this is the first forum I've been in, where it is a lot of positive talk about HRT :p That makes the heart of a HRT-fan warm! :)

hrt havent chosen their best driver lineup

they had 4 already in 2010 and another 2 this year so they had

klien
senna
chandhok
liuzzi
karthekayan
yamamoto

if i was hrt boss i wouldnt of picked karthekayan tbh but its a case of too many cooks and all that - spend more money on the car and less on having 6 drivers on the payroll

he drivers i believe should of been chosen are senna and klien with liuzzi as testdriver

dont get me wrong i like hrt but i feel they have made some bad decisions and that is the main reason they arent at 107% yet and i dont believe they will both be 107% in sepang but approx 5 races and then they will both be inside 107%

klien
senna
chandhok
liuzzi
karthekayan
yamamoto

if i was hrt boss i wouldnt of picked karthekayan tbh but its a case of too many cooks and all that - spend more money on the car and less on having 6 drivers on the payroll

he drivers i believe should of been chosen are senna and klien with liuzzi as testdriver

dont get me wrong i like hrt but i feel they have made some bad decisions and that is the main reason they arent at 107% yet and i dont believe they will both be 107% in sepang but approx 5 races and then they will both be inside 107%

Then there wouldn't be any HRT. They need drivers with money. As easy as that. Narain brings in around 15% of the budget for this year if I'm not wrong.

Yea that's a sad thing! Especially if you see Klien on the list as well! That guy wasn't slow at all, he was generally faster than Coulthard at Red Bull, and beaten Senna easily last year when he came back! So probably the fastest driver line-up could have been Klien&Liuzzi for them. But yes - money talks.

klien
senna
chandhok
liuzzi
karthekayan
yamamoto

But they don't have 6 drivers on the payroll. Chandhok left by mutual consent/sacked, Senna left and joined Renault, and when Liuzzi was signed up, it meant Klien and Yamamoto couldn't secure a new contract with the team, with the latter joining Virgin as a test driver. So as things stand, they only have 2 drivers on their payroll.

Yea that's a sad thing! Especially if you see Klien on the list as well! That guy wasn't slow at all, he was generally faster than Coulthard at Red Bull, and beaten Senna easily last year when he came back! So probably the fastest driver line-up could have been Klien&Liuzzi for them. But yes - money talks.
Klien was fast but Senna was a lot more concistant and there for was always ahead of Klien. (or it just feelt that way)
But I am positive that Klien was faster then Senna on only once. (or my momery is playing tricks on me)

Btw Adam didn't Yamamoto pay to drive which ment some more money for HRT?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.0%