Resource icon

DiRT Rally Hrdcr Damage Model for Dirt Rally 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
TemplarGFX submitted a new resource:

Hardcore Damage Model for Dirt Rally - Alpha version of a realistic Damage Model

Think your the master of the rough stuff? Want to really test your mettle?

This is the very first revision of a mod I've been working on to make the damage in the game realistic (something I've wanted since release!)

Changes :
Significantly more damage to vehicle from collisions
Significantly more damage to vehicle components from collisions
Significantly more Handling impact from Damaged Components
No more Crash Cam on Replay

Visual Damage is increased due to the greater amount of...

Read more about this resource...

TemplarGFX updated Hardcore Damage Model for Dirt Rally with a new update entry:

Balancing + Original files included

Its important to note that while this mod is installed you can't play online (Race Net, or Daily Events) Just restore the original to return to online play. Works fine in Campaign and Custom modes for single-player.

Spent quite a bit of time testing this out and balancing the damage to make it feel right. Major difference is stronger driveshaft and suspension springs. Engine damage is simulated much better (The co-pilot started warning me about the engine, a few minutes later it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

arrrhhhh I cant keep up with you lol jumped on to test new mod, jumped out and found new update is out going to test this hehe cheers

With v2, I managed to retire due to an engine failure on the first try. Well done, sir!

Maybe codemasters have meant to tweak the damage model at a later date, but I'm sure a mod like this puts pressure on them anyway, just in case they are happy with it as it is.

First this is the one I'm referring to
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hardcore-damage-model-for-dirt-rally.6657/

Can Some help me with what is the max and minimal values are? Is it 0.000001 an 100?
I've never ever modded a game before my self :(

They are some brief explanations when you open the 'raceload' file in notepad but its still not enough

I like the mod above but I don't want the engine wear it has etc I just want the terminal damage increased

Please explain as easily as possible as like I've said I have never modded any game before

Every time I edit this file my game crashes o loading a stage/track any ideas Is there a program I need to use to edit this file? It opens fine in notepad and appears readable to me but iv never modded a game in my life :) Please advise me if I'm doing anything wrong

hey Templar can u fix the car not getting dirty on this mod two( don't know if u remember me from the whatever you do don't crash article) but I would really appreciate if you fix it :)

Every time I edit this file my game crashes o loading a stage/track any ideas Is there a program I need to use to edit this file? It opens fine in notepad and appears readable to me but iv never modded a game in my life :) Please advise me if I'm doing anything wrong
The file is a binary file, and so you cannot use such a simple program like notepad, as when you save it with notepad, the hidden characters are lost (this is why the game crashes)
Download the free notepad++, while it is still a text editor, it actually opens all files in binary mode, and edits them in such.

The key with editing binary files with Notepad++ is that you cannot ADD or REMOVE any characters from a line of text. You have to replace them. For example
to
OK
to
or
NOT OK

This is fine for numbers like in the example with alot of 0's (thankfully raceload uses numbers like these) it gets tricky when they are simple numbers like 10 or 1.1!

hey Templar can u fix the car not getting dirty on this mod two( don't know if u remember me from the whatever you do don't crash article) but I would really appreciate if you fix it :)
Unfortunately it is not my mod that is causing this AFAIK. The cars still get super dirty for me

OK., Cool.Can you create a damage mod that is like super real. Was watching some Rally Videos and Wrc today and was like "Hey, this doesn't happen in Dirt Rally". In real life your wheels become damaged easily and other parts of the car but in Dirt Rally its just like let me take a couple more hits before getting noticeable damage.

Thanks in Advance
Josh:thumbsup:

Was somebody able to get zero damage by changing the .hdm files in the raceload.jpk?
if i am changing the values, nothing happens, not sure if this is because of the RFPE Mod
And what is the "car_monitor_setup" file for?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%