HPP PRX Se pedal problem

Kek700

Premium
I have some HPP PRX pedals, I really wanted to see if all the positive reviews are justified about hydraulic pedals.
Unfortunatly mine have a lot of initial stiction, you could say a notch‘y start.
After that they are rather good, but every time I press them I have to go through a notch‘y start.
This is very annoying, it spoils their overall affect.
Has anyone got an answer, I have tried silicon spray, i just put it on the master and slave push shafts to some affect, soon back to that notch’y start.:mad:
Sorted.:)

Last edited:
Solution
Revive an old thread.
Anyone with HPP pedals will eventually find this thread.

Spectra Symbol is the potentiometer company for these pedals. Can order the throttle and clutch sensors from them and solder on your wires.
25mm soft pot linear potentiometer ($12)
wiper/plunger - McMaster website. Ordered a couple sizes to get correct. 8-32 or 8-36 size. Will update when have in hand.

Leo Bodnar replacement usb boards BU0836A (£27)

Motion simulation who bought HPP sells the pressure transducer for the brakes as it’s the same transducer in the new JBV pedals as the PRX. (£120)

If anyone knows of another replacement brake transducer, please post up. I wonder if any 5v 3 wire sensor will work.

I’ve never opened up the brake system...
I turned on my rig after not using it for a while, and seem to have lost the brake axis from my HPP PRX pedals. Both the clutch and accelerator report fine, but instead of the brake axis, I now have a HAT (POV) switch being reported.

Help! Any ideas how I get my brake back?

Upvote 0
No. so i will go though the obvious. i use DIView
that shows BU0836A under Edit Device Interface.
that shows
Z Axis box ticked Accelerator
Y Axis box ticked Brake
I just use brake and accelerator.
Simcube, mouse and keyboard Unticked.

Sorry about the simplistic explanation , but that is it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you measure the resistance of the pressure sensor?

I mean if the resistance changes gradually with brake input or just in one jump which would mean that the pressure sensor has crapped the bed.

Upvote 0
Carsten is right, he just reminded me that there have been a number of pressure sensor problems on these brakes, I remembered that because the sensor is expensive.
I can imagine with a bit of research you may find a cheaper alternative.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, thanks for the help!

I have taken the cover off the controller and checked the wiring to see if anything obvious has broken or come loose. How do I check that the pressure transducer is working? I have a multimeter, which of the connections do I need to probe? If it is broken is there a standard drop-in replacement, or do I need to spend ~£120 getting one from Motion Simulation?

Upvote 0
First. one supply from the BU0836A should give 5V I think , DC supply.
The others are ground and output. ( you can use one of the other sensor outputs to get a reference ) ( i do not have a multimeter with me )
With the multi-meter on the ground and to the signal output, somehow press the brake pedal and monitor the signal output voltage to ground.
Should vary in a obvious way to pedal pressure.
if you have a static or no output.
Then i would inspect the wiring of the sensor.
Failing all this we can all see if we can source a part at a sensible price, as it is in all our interests to do this.
In fact i will start now...:)

The details have rubbed off my pressure sensor, any chance you could post them here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1689603638116.png

Upvote 0
Sorry to revive an old thread!
I think I need to bleed the brake pedal on my HPP's...
Does anyone have any insight as to the correct fluid to use?
Thanks!
Richie

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back