HP Reverb first sight

Peter Koslowski

TIKAL SPORT
1st Screendoreffect
It's there, but very fine, but still annoying.
2nd FOV
Is like with the Oculus approx. 110.
3. Sharpness
So far the best sharpness for VR.
4. Wearing comfort
Is like Oculus Rift CV 1, but the nose rubber makes the nose sweat.
5. performance
Very good, because it hardly needs to be upscaled. Can be used for Simracing from 1080 ti.

The first impression was good. I had expected more, but we are not yet in 2024! I mean, it's what's technically possible right now. Only crazy people buy an XTAL, these glasses are not so sharp like from the Reverb, but you have the FOV (4900€ vs. 650€).
Samsung will soon be throwing new glasses onto the VR market, let's see what they can do.

• Deleted member 197115

What SS do you use. 100% Steam is not native resolution for Reverb, someone on reddit calculated it as 188.

• Deleted member 197115

This is the post
Still not sure how they calculated 188 but apparently additional resolution is needed for proper distortion correction, reason other headsets (except WMR) have default internal multiplier of 1.4.
If you dig more you can probably find original DCS post they refer to.

This is the post
Still not sure how they calculated 188 but apparently additional resolution is needed for proper distortion correction, reason other headsets (except WMR) have default internal multiplier of 1.4.
If you dig more you can probably find original DCS post they refer to.
Goes well, just rFactor 2 with the beautiful Porsche GT3 on the Nordschleife. Really superb! I would have probably only found out in a few days that the setting is good! Thanks again for the hint!

• Deleted member 197115

Yes, but if you want all the sweet visual stuff, you have to go down to 60 Hz. It´s enough for sims with only 110!
What refresh rate has to do with FOV? Fail to see the correlation. Lucky you if you are insensitive to high frequency flicker in 60hz mode, it looks pretty good otherwise, just slightly dimmer for some reason on Odyssey+.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%