HP Reverb first sight

Have you tried it in ACC? I am interested to know if you experience the same issue I am having, mainly.. it looking like crap compared with everything else, with the only way to make it comparable is have steam set to 400%

Is it true backlight on/off or is it BFI (black frame insert)? also known as ULMB on gsync monitors. Works wonderfully at high refresh rates, but at 60hz it flickers and can lead to headaches.
I am not sure. I can tell, that for me it is very, very smooth. OK, if you look 90° to the side, there is some flicker, but if there is a car with nearly same speed, it is good! BTW, normaly I overtake! lol

I see. I think what you mean to say is that you can see the normal 60fps "stutter" in the graphics when they pan horizontally. Flicker is something else. Flicker is for example what is happening on the monitor on the right in this video:

Mine got collected for return today, the right panel would flicker after 5 mins or so and then the brightness would dim considerably :( made it feel like wearing sunglasses over one eye. After about 10-15 mins, the left panel would then do the same. A sunny day looked dull afterwards.

And yeah I totally agree, in Raceroom / AC1 and even PC2 it looks stunning, ACC needs work.
My ACC post, was marked as fixed temporarily (mistake) then issue tag removed:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...vr-not-rendering-at-correct-resolution.58341/

"We are using Epic's own SteamVR plugin, if there are inconsistencies between how different HMDs work (and even between the SteamVR and the Oculus plugin), it is unfortunately out of our control.
The thread was incorrectly marked previously."

RE: Flicker @ 60hz, I had this too, but leaving it in 90hz mode, even if fps dropped to 60 was perfectly fine, so it didn't bother me at all.

I have 2080ti, 8700k. SteamVR 218%, WMR 60Hz Mode, AC Graphics all on ultra! But I use Win 10 1809!!!

Tested it at SteamVR 188% (is it possible to go higher than that???), WMR 90Hz and AC/CM graphics all on ultra. I'm running Win10 1809 build. Constant 90 fps with a grid of 20 cars (Formula Hybrid 2019).
Need to do some more testing, though, but it's a good start. I really really need to get used to the limited sweet spot in the HMD. It takes quite some getting used to compared to the Oculus Rift CV1.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back