Upcoming Events

Join TCR Virtual today! AC events on Simracing.GP ACC events on Simracing.GP Weekly rFactor 2 events

What racing gear do you use while sim racing?

• Gloves

Votes: 369 20.2%
  • Boots

Votes: 70 3.8%
  • Gloves + Boots

Votes: 179 9.8%
  • None

Votes: 1,213 66.2%

HP Reverb first sight

Peter Koslowski

TIKAL SPORT
1st Screendoreffect
It's there, but very fine, but still annoying.
2nd FOV
Is like with the Oculus approx. 110.
3. Sharpness
So far the best sharpness for VR.
4. Wearing comfort
Is like Oculus Rift CV 1, but the nose rubber makes the nose sweat.
5. performance
Very good, because it hardly needs to be upscaled. Can be used for Simracing from 1080 ti.

The first impression was good. I had expected more, but we are not yet in 2024! I mean, it's what's technically possible right now. Only crazy people buy an XTAL, these glasses are not so sharp like from the Reverb, but you have the FOV (4900€ vs. 650€).
Samsung will soon be throwing new glasses onto the VR market, let's see what they can do.

Andrew_WOT

Premium
What SS do you use. 100% Steam is not native resolution for Reverb, someone on reddit calculated it as 188.

Peter Koslowski

TIKAL SPORT
What SS do you use. 100% Steam is not native resolution for Reverb, someone on reddit calculated it as 188.
I put it the next step over 2160, that´s all. Over 120% my graphiccard is overload (2080Ti). So with the quite native resolution everything is fine!

Andrew_WOT

Premium
This is the post
Still not sure how they calculated 188 but apparently additional resolution is needed for proper distortion correction, reason other headsets (except WMR) have default internal multiplier of 1.4.
If you dig more you can probably find original DCS post they refer to.

Peter Koslowski

TIKAL SPORT
This is the post
Still not sure how they calculated 188 but apparently additional resolution is needed for proper distortion correction, reason other headsets (except WMR) have default internal multiplier of 1.4.
If you dig more you can probably find original DCS post they refer to.
Goes well, just rFactor 2 with the beautiful Porsche GT3 on the Nordschleife. Really superb! I would have probably only found out in a few days that the setting is good! Thanks again for the hint!

Peter Koslowski

TIKAL SPORT
8700K 5GHz 2080Ti 2 GHz, the 60Hz are good enough for this FOV. Next genaration of VR needs more (90Hz or 120Hz).

Peter Koslowski

TIKAL SPORT
I have one problem with rFactor 2, in VR the brightness is to high, I searched the internet, but nobody can help. Anyone knows how to adjust the brightness in VR?

Andrew_WOT

Premium
Yes, but if you want all the sweet visual stuff, you have to go down to 60 Hz. It´s enough for sims with only 110!
What refresh rate has to do with FOV? Fail to see the correlation. Lucky you if you are insensitive to high frequency flicker in 60hz mode, it looks pretty good otherwise, just slightly dimmer for some reason on Odyssey+.