Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

appreciate it, paul! i went overboard on my GSC mods & ended up killing the poor game :( but ive still got all the mod files & im just waiting to redownload it when they update..gonna make more than just 2 versions this time i guess lol.

have downloaded this & will check it out soon as reiza gets off their lazy bums :)

I have discovered that you don't even need to add a number to rFm files. You can call it reiza(insertname) to whatever you want, as long as the whole mod matches the rfm/tga then that will work as well.

Did you get this working yet Jeff? I raced it about a month ago, and I seem to remember I also had trouble getting it to run in GSC Extreme, but I cannot remember what I did to fix it. Let me know if you are still struggling and I'll have a look at what I did to get it running.

Question, What would I adjust on the realfeel settings to give the steering wheel more resistance. The wheel feels too light. when Im turning I want it to fight back a little. Realfeel is enable and it feels fine when the car isnt moving or going slow..

EDIT.. Nevermind I figured it out. I was going the wrong way with maxforce since it was reversed.

Last edited:
Hi Jok3sta, there are two things to try.

1. Is change the values in the realfeel plugin, but at the moment each skin makes a realfeel entry (may get round to that eventually).

2. Is change the SteeringFFBMult=0.0 value in the HDV files to one of these values.

UpgradeType="FFB Multi"
{
UpgradeLevel="Multi 1.0"
{
Description="Multi 1.0"
}

UpgradeLevel="Multi 1.3"
{
Description="Multi 1.3"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=1.3
}

UpgradeLevel="Multi 1.8"
{
Description="Multi 1.8"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=1.8
}
UpgradeLevel="Multi 2.5"
{
Description="Multi 2.5"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=2.5
}

UpgradeLevel="Multi 3.0"
{
Description="Multi 3.0"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=3.0
}

UpgradeLevel="Multi 4.0"
{
Description="Multi 4.0"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=4.0
}

UpgradeLevel="Multi 5.0"
{
Description="Multi 5.0"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=5.0
}

UpgradeLevel="Multi 6.0"
{
Description="Multi 6.0"

HDV=[CONTROLS]
HDV=SteeringFFBMult=6.0

I'm surprised to learn that you don't like the real feel with these cars, I find them a lot more communicative than before, you can feel the wheels lock etc. I do prefer to feel what's going on rather than really strong ffb.

Anyway if that's what you like I suggest you change the HDV values, this will disable realfeel but if you go for a higher number that will increase ffb strength.

Paul Smith updated Porsche Carrera Cup with a new update entry:

Realfeel description update

This is just a small update to the realfeel descriptions so all the skins/cars have one realfeel entry, so if you want to change those values you only have to do it once for whichever series or car you choose.

Thanks to Jok3sta for reminding me to do this!

Example realfeel entry.

[PCC]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2000.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.200000
SmoothingLevel=0
Kf=11500.000000
Ks=7.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=3.000000

Read the rest of this update entry...

Did you get this working yet Jeff? I raced it about a month ago, and I seem to remember I also had trouble getting it to run in GSC Extreme, but I cannot remember what I did to fix it. Let me know if you are still struggling and I'll have a look at what I did to get it running.

Hi Keith. No I didn't end up getting it to work. I downloaded it from a couple different places thinking I may of gotten a bad file.....but still can't get it to work. I downloaded the two newer SCN files and used those to replace the ones that came with the track and still won't finish loading. Wondering if it may be installing something else I don't know about in another part of the directory.....which isn't letting even the newer downloaded track work? I'm stumped. Out of about 100 tracks , this is the 2nd one I couldn't get to work. Jerez was the other one.

Let me know if I should try something else. Really want to drive the track.....since it's my home track and literally 2 miles from my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%