Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

lol, sorry, I only just saw your post.
I did post about the upgrades file in another thread, as I found I could use it to change the power of the cars to create a better spread down the grid.

But I'm not too much of an expert on the upgrades, I just use trial and error like you. You're right about achieving it in different ways - I managed to fix one mod's dodgy steering by copying the suspension file across from another mod. I have no idea why it worked!

This is a guide so you can setup a separate class in GSC, then you can also run separate championships for each mod and it also looks nicer. Rupe Wilson showed me the way, but i'm doing all the work typing this up!

You will need a photo editing software like GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/downloads/)or whatever you normally use. I will be reffering to GIMP here. Some knowledge of the program you prefer is needed.
BACKUP ALL FILES YOU ARE EDITING IN CASE OF MISTAKE OR WISH TO REVERT BACK!

1. First thing to do is download the rfm templates here.

2. Open gimp then open the reizaRFM.psd

2KH7fC6.jpg

3. To add a picture that fits your mod, click File then open as layer the picture of your choice.

4. This will add this to the image. You may need to resize the layer to fit in with the template and also change its position.

5. Next the layer needs to be lowered to fit in with the GSC look. To do this in GIMP click layer, stack then lower layer you will need to do this four times so it looks right.

6. Now click layer, merge down then image is merged into one.

7. You can add other images in the same way or add text if you wish.

8. Decide what Reiza number category you wish to use, i have started mine at Reiza30 and so on.

9. To save as a file that GSC will recognise click File,Export then the type in the file name reiza30 (your number selection) with a .tga extension. It should look like this. reiza30.tga

Now you have a menu setup you need to set up the rfm file that hold's the information about which cars/mod reiza30 refers to.

1. Open the Reiza 30 template and open with notepad. The part we are concerned with will look like this, there is more but dont worry about that.

// Game/Season Info:
Mod Name = Clio Series (enter the name of the mod that you wish to use from the vehicle folder)
Track Filter = StockV8
Vehicle Filter = OR:Reiza30 (this will need to match your.veh file see No.5 below)
SafetyCar = Mini_SC.veh (choose any pacecar you have available)

Matchmaker = match.reizastudios.com
Matchmaker TCP Port = 40001
Matchmaker UDP Port = 40002
Loading Bar Color = 13244190

Max Opponents = 23 // maximum opponents in practice/quick race/grand prix/championship
Min Championship Opponents = 5 // minimum opponents in championship only

// Seasons:

Season = Clio Series (enter what you want here usually referring to cars in the mod)
{
FullSeasonName = Clio Series (enter what you want here usually referring to cars in the mod)
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = |Reiza30 (this will need to match your.veh file see No.5)
Max Opponents = 23

SeasonScoringInfo
{
FirstPlace = 25
SecondPlace = 20
ThirdPlace = 16
FourthPlace = 14
FifthPlace = 12
SixthPlace = 10
SeventhPlace = 9
EighthPlace = 8
NinthPlace = 7
Place10 = 6
Place11 = 5
Place12 = 4
Place13 = 3
Place14 = 2
Place15 = 1
}

SceneOrder
{
Interlagos1
curitiba
Taruma
SalvadorStockCar
Brasilia
Cascavel
Ribeirao2012
Cascavel
Velopark2
curitiba2
Brasilia2
Interlagos2
}
}

2. The parts in red are what you need to change to match your mod.

3. Once edited save and close down.

4. Next you need to change the reiza class for the mod your are creating this for.

5. In your GSC installation Open up the folder GAMEDATA then VEHICLES folder then the folder for the mod you have chosen. You the need to navigate to the .veh file usually within the teams folder. Open this with notepad and look for a section like this under TEAM HISTORY AND INFORMATION.

Number=1
Team="Clio1"
PitGroup="Group1"
Driver="Piloto 1"
Description="Renault Clio 2013-01"
Engine="2.0 16V"
Manufacturer="Renault Sport"
Classes="reiza30, VCS14" (change this to match your reiza class you have selected)

6. Now this is a bit of a pain as most mods default to either reiza1 or reiza5 so all you need to do is change the numerical value to the number you have used all through this process. Then save and exit and use the same process for the next .veh file

****************************************************************UPDATED****************************************************************
Thanks to Beef36 I would recommend you use Textcrawler to change any multiple values, massive time saver.

Example changing reiza class to move to a new section.

1. Install Textcrawler and run program.

2. Change file filter to *.veh

3. Set start location to car folder you wish to change e.g S:\GSC2013\GameData\Vehicles\EnduranceSeries\P2

4. Put the entry you wish to modify in the find option e.g Classes="reiza1,ES_P2"

5. Put the entry you want the files to be replaced with in the replace option e.g Classes="reiza110,ES_P2"

6. Click replace and job done :):):):):)

aGO4HVj.jpg

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

7. You need to do this for all.veh files in the mod so the all match the rFm file and will then all go into the same section.

8.All you need to do now is copy both the .RFM file and .tga file into the rFm folder in you GSC installation and you should now find your mod is in its own section remember to use the scroll buttons until you find it!

Any question please ask.:)

Last edited:
That's really useful Paul.
If you don't mind, can I add an optional bit that some people might want to use?

If anyone wants to add points for pole position, fastest lap or laps led, then you can add the following section.

Just insert it after the last bracket of SeasonScoringInfo and before SceneOrder

OtherScoringInfo
{
PolePosition=2
FastestLap=1
MostLapsLead=2
AnyLapsLead=1
}

:)

Cant be arsed.. lol :roflmao::roflmao:

To busy doing staff duties helping run the site and running my HistorX club
allot of the time testing at the expense of racing
Only so many hours in the day. :)
Its great that Paul has stepped up to share his knowledge and also pull all the bits together so others can benefit from it.
allot of this was only found out through hours of trail and error and testing

Your doing a great job Paul. Racedepartment thanks you for your efforts :thumbsup:

it would of taken me allot longer to post this stuff,;)

That's really useful Paul.
If you don't mind, can I add an optional bit that some people might want to use?

If anyone wants to add points for pole position, fastest lap or laps led, then you can add the following section.

Just insert it after the last bracket of SeasonScoringInfo and before SceneOrder

OtherScoringInfo
{
PolePosition=2
FastestLap=1
MostLapsLead=2
AnyLapsLead=1
}

:)
Add what you want Keith, that's great information. The more information the better. I've spent hours going down blind alleys with the mods this save's other people having the same problems.

Well judging by the effort you and Davy have put into the Clio mod and your effort's round here, I was pretty sure no one would take me seriously. Thanks for the kind words.

As part of my job I do manuals and guides for the equipment we hire out at work as the manufacturer's ones are usually a nightmare to get to the information you need. So hopefully these guides are easy enough to understand.

Now I have 2 and a half days left off my week of work to not type up guides and drive some cars :)

Thanks a lot for this, Rupe

There's one thing I don't understand in the ffb diagram above - What is RFP? What does it do?
I've been using the keypad for a while now - all fine, although once I used Ctrl + 2 (RFP) and the steering got very weird (as if it had been reversed maybe)

Hi Marc I have made a mod to the mod:) It now has its own rfm/section in GSC and you can run a championship. I have sent you the download link in a PM.

If you don't like then screw you. ;)

If you want add it, mod it, change etc that's fine. Just thought there is no point in us doing it twice.

gjwZiIW.jpg

ImmRgO3.jpg

Reactions: Bez
just tried the new files and i can see the menu selection ok and i can select the cars but it crashed to desktop first time i tried to load a track and hung gsce the second try and also now doesnt show in the car selection when on "all cars"

clashing with one of the other mods ive got installed?

just tried the new files and i can see the menu selection ok and i can select the cars but it crashed to desktop first time i tried to load a track and hung gsce the second try and also now doesnt show in the car selection when on "all cars"

clashing with one of the other mods ive got installed?
It's the pace car, give me a minute and i'll send you a link.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing :redface:

Fernando Zart submitted a new resource:

Alpine A364 for GSCE (1.0) - A tribute to PixSim Team's work. Two tracks included as a bonus.

Dear RD racers,

Here it is, finally, a Tribute to PixSim Team for they fantastic mod Alpine A364 (ported from rFactor).
This mod, converted to GSCE, brings the Alpine A364 cars in their own menu entry, and two tracks, Nogaro and Charade, as a bonus.
** Please check the update 1.0a as it contains an important correction **

Video A364 on Bathurst (wheel turned off to better see instrument panel):

All this work wouldn't be here if it wasn't for PixSim Team, who deserves all credit.
I would like to thank two special persons which...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back