How's this for a Mobile Sim Rig?

Hey all, some of you probably saw my thread on building a $6k rig, which is still the plan, but I currently work internationally and was made a good offer to extend my contract for another year. While overseas, I move around ALOT to different locations. Company will pay for whatever luggage I want to bring, so no issue there. Here's what I'm thinking...

1. HP Omen 17" laptop, i7-9700H, full mobile size 2080 GPU, 512 GB M.2 SSD, 16GB dual channel ram (A little under $2k)
2. Logitech G29 wheels/pedals
3. Thrustmaster TH8a shifter (I was thinking of getting Ailogs sequential shifter, b/c then this could be incorporated to my full rig when I'm don't working internationally, but sold out until Sept)
4. VR - Occulus Rift S or HP Reverb G1

Things to consider...
-I'll be back in the states in the next couple weeks, BUT for only 1 month so everything needs to be purchased around the beginning of July
-When I'm overseas I can't go to the store, order online, or purchase things freely - so must buy when home
-Need to buy items that fit in full size suit cases and can be packed safely without too much disassembly - based on this are there different items you would recommend?
-I'd love to buy items that I can travel with now, but will ALSO make good components on a full size rig a year down the road - based on this are there different items you would recommend?
-HP Reverb you can buy for a little over $500 on ebay, where Rift S prices are $550+. I can't wait for Reverb G2.

So I came across this on Facebook marketplace in my home town and made a split second decision and went with it. $400 for new Thrustmaster t300 base, 1 year old t3pa-pro pedals, and 6 month old Ferrari f1 wheel. My first sim racing purchase! How’d I do?

Attachments

• C4EC031B-F5D1-4148-A4B6-EAEFDCC849FC.jpeg
    C4EC031B-F5D1-4148-A4B6-EAEFDCC849FC.jpeg
    680.8 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back