How's the new 1.2 graphics compared to ACC?

I am a big fan of sim racing and play Assetto Corsa Competizione all the time. I was thinking to buy Automobilista 2 but was wondering how good is the graphics compared to ACC (the best graphics i've ever seen in a racing game so far). Does anyone have both games to compare? thank you

Well having played with the update for some time, graphics are not everything. In fact they are not much at all. Yes they are nice but are they really 'that' nice, plenty of other games have better graphics. The conversation about the game should not come down to graphics, nor should it be judged soley on them. They almost draw one out of the experience, and are more whimsical and 'hopeful' than real and true-to-form. In the case of some circuits, the lack of models really makes the circuit compromised when the curbs are wrong. All of the assets basically are from project cars. They're selling the same game twice almost.

The ACC graphics are not that bad to be honest. In some aspects they are also less cartoony and 'airy-fairy' renderings of vehicles and environments. AMS2 comes across as a cartoon more than a real life depiction.

The graphics while nice also leave a lot to be desired. The palette is overly bright and the art style deliberately imposing. Kind of like the middle 1900's german style of art. You take a grand stand and just over-size it or something. Its like I don't know - drawing a rapier or short sword REALLLYYYY big or something to make it more impressive, when we all know its just nonsense because they are not that big in the first place.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back