How's the new 1.2 graphics compared to ACC?

I am a big fan of sim racing and play Assetto Corsa Competizione all the time. I was thinking to buy Automobilista 2 but was wondering how good is the graphics compared to ACC (the best graphics i've ever seen in a racing game so far). Does anyone have both games to compare? thank you

A bit baffled by your post. Regarding graphics you don't really need others opinions just check. YouTube is your friend.

Your obviously not using VR.

Graphics should be you last worry. Both have great graphics.

I don't know why the guys are not now helpful. Honestly no one is super happy with ACC graphics anyway. Ams2 blows it out the water. Heaps more atmosphere and better technology. The game runs a lot more smoother, and higher frame rate.

Funny forget that the madness engine has been going since 2008 and the Kunos unreal engine derived one much shorter.

Finally ACC is just bland and their art style as such is done on PURPOSE. That's how they wanted it to look. They know they made a mistake and their next title they said iirc will be different.

Race anywhere in ams2 at 8am or 9am and any season, but winter especially and you will be blown away by the environment and sunrise and colour. Same thing with clouds and weather. The guys at reiza did real well in that regard.

And overall not just weather and environment.

Last edited:
To me, AMS 2´s visual effetcs like the sunset and sunrise, the sunlight and sun glare are superior
to ACC´s, but ACC's tracks details and interior of the cars are better, and textures are a bit better.
But if you add to this comparison AMS 2´s mentioned visual effects, you won't notice much that
superior detailing in ACC, and AMS 2 will look outstanding. Yes, but still ACC has more detail, and
its trees are more realistic looking, the best I've seen anywhere.

On the tree side, I prefer AMS2 as you don't have shadow popping in the trees themsleves.

If you have enough power to run both on max shadows then Acc shadows are cleaner but Ams2 has a further draw distance with less popping.

Both look fantastic for me using a 3090 but the weather transitions and day night cycle is better in Ams2.

Both look fantastic I jump between the 2 no problem :)

Last edited:
Check this AMS 2 video where you can see the sunlight transitions - it looks stunning, so beautiful.

ACC can't do this, but its tracks are more detailed and its trees are more ralistic. You gotta love both.

And regarding the latest update specifically, graphically the shadows have been improved, and now you have mist, and it looks nice. Nice touch.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Check this AMS 2 video where you can see the sunlight transitions - it looks stunning, so beautiful.

ACC can't do this, but its tracks are more detailed and its trees are more ralistic. You gotta love both.

And regarding the latest update specifically, graphically the shadows have been improved, and now you have mist, and it looks nice. Nice touch.

Looks almost as good as AC with CSP, only AC has better cockpits.
Visually I like all 3, they just have slightly different style, but all 3 could look stunning under right conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks almost as good as AC with CSP, only AC has better cockpits.
Visually I like all 3, they just have slightly different style, but all 3 could look stunning under right conditions.

For me AC´s post processing sun effects are not as good yet as AMS 2´s. But the
latest rain effects, those rain drops, are indeed the most realistic looking to date
in any racing Sim or game I've seen - tremendous work by the russian modder.

But AC´s tracks have become very outdated, most of them have very poor looking
trees, most look like cardboards, and the trackside detailing is lacking too.

I wish modders could do better looking tracks for this, still, great Sim.

Many cars mods have great models and their cockpits look pretty realistic, but the
tracks put me off.

Yeah the tracks are polishing up nice in AMS2.

There's a lot more than in ACC and as for AC I personaly find it to much work adding a modded track.

I have done quite a few but I'm short on time so going looking around to see whats the best version of a tack is, to then find I need to go get files so the AI know how to drive it somewhere else etc is just a time sync.

Let's take Bathurst and Long Beach as examples, 2 of my all time favorite tracks. I can get them in AC but they are ripped out of Forza etc and then the quality isn't quite there and the AI on them isn't quite right etc.

AMS2 on the other hand just has them and to a good quality. AC really has a surprising lack of official tracks considering the enormous player base.

But I know modding is great fun for some people, have a blast peeps on AC!

My $0.02 there's something about AMS2 that is just more appealing. It may even be less realistic but it's more appealing. Sunrise, sunset, different weather effects that go beyond just having rain (ie. floating mist, driving gusts of wind in the rain, etc.), and season changes take it to another level.

And it does that with a higher frame rate and a crisper, cleaner look.

"Crisper, cleaner look" - is right I only got a clean look on ACC after I got a new pc with a 3090 in it and could run the game at 80fps with everything MAXED.

ACC needs the extra frames imo to get a crisp image because of the aliasing method but on the other hand I really can't see jaggys where as you will still see some on AMS2 but you can supper sample but for me even on a 3090 that only worked in the dry.

Supper sampling kills my 3090 in the rain or night (think of tracks with lots of lights) so I run at native res (3440x1440) with everything at max, it will use about 45 to 65% gpu power at this (not in the rain that needs more but only with losts of spray) but I limit it to 80fps so there is plenty of headroom for weather effects and particles.

Last edited:
I don't know why the guys are not now helpful. Honestly no one is super happy with ACC graphics anyway. Ams2 blows it out the water. Heaps more atmosphere and better technology. The game runs a lot more smoother, and higher frame rate.

Funny forget that the madness engine has been going since 2008 and the Kunos unreal engine derived one much shorter.

Finally ACC is just bland and their art style as such is done on PURPOSE. That's how they wanted it to look. They know they made a mistake and their next title they said iirc will be different.

Race anywhere in ams2 at 8am or 9am and any season, but winter especially and you will be blown away by the environment and sunrise and colour. Same thing with clouds and weather. The guys at reiza did real well in that regard.

And overall not just weather and environment.
ATM Acc has 1,297 people playing while AMS2 has 306 not bad for a "mistake" ACC p!sses all over AMS2 in terms of Graphics, sound, ffb, physics, ui, A.I, Multiplayer. They only thing AMS 2 has over ACC is content. ACC is by far the better overall package.

Last edited:
Does anyone have both games to compare? thank you
AMS2 has inherited great graphic from the SMS engine, you might prefer ACC graphics, but AMS2, like PCars2, has great graphics.
AMS2 is a great SIM in its own right, with unique content, definitely a must have for any SIM racer worth his salt.

No need to rush on any DLC, as the base game has plenty to keep you busy for a long while and , probably like me, you will discover real tracks you did not know even existed.

As mentioned in @Andrew_WOT post, if you are into nice graphic, Patreon Ilja work, as the patreon patch with rain coupled with SOL 2.1 is worth the little installation efforts to reveal what a magnificent engine AC is, In many cases looks better than SMS or UE4.

Yep, great graphics in AMS2 - really solid looking compared to Assetto Corsa for example plus the colours are better, however, with the right filter I find that Assetto Corsa has clearer clarity. Funnily enough I was comparing this directly on my 2 rigs this afternoon (one is bought for my teenage Son so I can kick his butt with and feel like superman). Haven't compared ACC directly but thought I'd chime in with an opinion of somesorts...

ATM Acc has 1,297 people playing while AMS2 has 306 not bad for a "mistake" ACC p!sses all over AMS2 in terms of Graphics, sound, ffb, physics, ui, A.I, Multiplayer. They only thing AMS 2 has over ACC is content. ACC is by far the better overall package.
Hi Stepy I would say this:

In terms of graphics which is what we are in here to talk about ACC and AMS2 are very close but I would give the win to AMS2 (would you like ressons?).

For sound probably would give the win to ACC, but AMS2 isn't half bad and getting better.

FFB & Physics is hard for me to pick a winner for, because I like what both are doing, ACC allows me to drive more precise but isn't as exciting and fun as AMS2 to drive.

UI - there both way ahead of F2 and RRE for example with ACC being more pretty than AMS2.

A.I. - ACC won't bump you as much as AMS2 but there really boring to drive against, AMS2 is more fun but you got to take the bumps. which I quite like as that's what you get online.

Multiplayer is a win for ACC at this point but I've been very surprised by the quality of racing I've had online with AMS2 over that last week or so, so watch this space.

Something you didn't list here is motion simulation, I'm using a Next Level V3 Motion Platform and both ACC and AMS2 send out great telemetry for it and feel super immersive much better than RRE for exsample.

Oh and art direction i think is a win for AMS2, quick exsample is there are no crap flags in the crowds in AMS2. They are just od looking and stand out to much in both ACC & RRE, very distracting, strange artist decision to have them.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of sim racing and play Assetto Corsa Competizione all the time. I was thinking to buy Automobilista 2 but was wondering how good is the graphics compared to ACC (the best graphics i've ever seen in a racing game so far). Does anyone have both games to compare? thank you
Hi quarra933,

I have both and I have to say the graphics ist getting more and more awesome in AMS2 , there is a very big improvement since the last updates.
Ultra mode has improved massively (demanding more GPU power)
High mode is now what the old "ultra" mode has been.

It's getting very close to ACC.

Like some examples of the maximum quality in 4K/Ultra/60 fps ?

Cheers and have a nice day !
Just2Laps

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back