Hows the AI now after 1.0.

Basically just did a qualification with AI, they just continue when tank is almost empty to set their time, then hit ultra-fuel save mode by going 19kph using the clutch causing dangerous fuel-save trains :D
And they respond badly to damage

did 2 short races, yes they overtake now if you e.g. get penalty/slowdown and one even tried to outbrake me but failed to the grass :D ....

but if the AI was slow prior 1.0, it is slow now aswell. The Huayra e.g. is so slow, after 1 lap i did overtake them all :confused: ... and what i've read, Spa has the same ai-bugs. So yes, basically just algorithm improved, no Cars or tracks updated afaik.

to be fair ACs Ai started really promising, but since multoiplayer has declined condiderably. I did think ACs ai had lots of potential.

I know you cant compare it to humans online, but you can compare it to the industry standard of AI being RF2 imo.

hhmm maybe I should of gave this a little bit of time, the AI seem reminiscent of the earlier ones. just on the firsl lap they are a bit to wary, like the hairpin at spa and eau rouge first lap they do slow down, after they are quick..

Kunos please fix the AI on the opening lap ,and make them stick in moves and not give up so easily..

maybe more time in AC I can foresee :)

Last edited:
Yeah, they still brake way early on lap 1, after that I can go side by side with them and they don't back down, which they definitely used to have trouble with (put your nose inside at corner entry and they'd just give up). So far I've only driven on the Career mode series though, not sure they work in all cars.

Something I'd like to see is a bit more variety in the source of their slowness though - right now they're good from corner exit to corner entry at any AI percent, but slow in the corner. Would be nice to have some AI who brake earlier, or get on the throttle later, as it is the only passes on straights are due to drafting & setup.

Well I see all this about AI. Personally I quite like an AI that doesn't appear to be suicidal. pCars has parameters to adjust various AI characteristics e.g. aggression. Maybe AC needs something like this and then everyone can tailor their own AI. I would think this might come in later versions. They can't put everything that everyone wants in the game from day 1. Where would be the fun in that. ("You can please all of the people some of the time; you can please some of the people all of the time; but you can't please all of the people all of the time")

AC's AI used to back down a bit too much when you put your nose inside them, giving you the place by default. That's now been improved, they hold their line while giving you racing room.

Clearly there are a few bugs, but the AI races I had last night were excellent: the AI's awareness of you is some of the best I've played against.

to be fair ACs Ai started really promising, but since multoiplayer has declined condiderably. I did think ACs ai had lots of potential.

I know you cant compare it to humans online, but you can compare it to the industry standard of AI being RF2 imo.

Well, I like that rF2's cover the inside line. I'd don't like that they dive-bomb you from 5 car-length's back. Makes a bit of a nonsense of everything.

The biggest issue I see with the AI in AC currently are those brake-checking hard for no reason. They are not always predictable either as in corner entry, they may be on the straight in traffic when it happens.

if the ai has an mechanic failure, damage, can't drive anymore.... almost all of the grid just sit there and wait and wait and wait and then maybe they decide to drive around the car :rolleyes:

and the RUF which was recently released..... great car, bad AI. Who's adjusting those AI, their kids?! they brake way too early? Even modded cars have a way faster AI.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.5%