F1 2019 How would you go about creating great custom helmets?

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi everyone. New to the game and the modding community. I've recently discovered you can create helmets. I have little photoshop experience (but I do own it) and I'm struggling to create this kind of helmet (I dont want to replicate it exactly - chiefly, replace AGV logo with Alfa logos and get rid of flag/"thriller").

I'm using Jburon's template, which is Devon Butler's helmet, but I don't quite understand how to go from that base to this very different looking design. Where do I source the texture, the shapes, etc.? Also, that template makes it nearly impossible to place a logo (or anything) where the AGV logo is (middle-top of helmet) in the pic. Is there a workaround? Or is it just trial and error? Cause I've been trying for 2hours to place an Alfa logo there and I'm getting nowhere near adequate (and frankly adequate won't cut it). I saw gallus' attempt at placing the logo there, and it's impressive but still not faultless...

I've watched a few Krisdix vids, and I've only seen him use pre-made designs.

How do you go from a basic design/wireframe and end up with a masterpiece? What are the steps? Even just tips would be appreciated.

D: Pls help.

I'm in exactly the same boat! I've been trying to get things crisp and in place but seems to be a lot of trial and error. I'm not sure if people are making these outside of photoshop and then importing?

I can't seem to get anyone to respond to any questions regarding this though!

Ok, long one here. I'm a little late here so let me know how far you've gotten. You've downloaded a helmet template for F1 2019 or 2018 or 2017 or 2016... You will need Photoshop CS6 Extended. The Extended part allows you to work in 3D which is important for you to abstract the wireframe from the helmet template. If you just have the DDS file of the helmet, its is not a template. It should be a PSD file for photoshop. It is possible to work only with the DDS file but it is flat and without the wireframe, you will have an excruciating time getting your graphics in place. The wireframe is important. You will also need ERP Archiver and Microsoft's DDS file encoder(needed for 2019). Let me know if you got this far I will continue.
F1_2019_photo_20200418.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years