F1 2011 How would you describe your driving style?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Just a quick random general discussions thread.

Here to discuss on racing styles...

What would you say is your racing style?..
What are some of it's pros and cons and does it ever change depending on a situation or?..

I would say that I have an aggressive racing style. Not aggressive as in dangerous but more of a driver that consumes resources, haha...such as tyres and fuel. I always seem to attack the curb too much and somehow always manage to make my car understeer, even if the settings are that that makes turning much smoother and easier...sometimes vice versa too.

So just put down which kind of race driver you are, it would be great to share racing style knowledge etc.

Slow and inconsistent lol

In truth though I don't think this game is sophisticated enough to punish and reward severely depending on your driving style, as long as you stay out of the barriers.

I'm aggressive especially into corners. I make up a good 80% of my overtakes breaking late into corners and taking a tight line. In the process of learning aids off so my corner exits still need a bit of work but for the most part I'm fairly consistent. I'm the driver that will shoot inside on that first corner and make up 5-10 places(assuming I'm not online and the tard behind me doesn't refuse to break and drive me into the wall)

I'd say my style is very simular to Lewis Hamiltons but the only difference is i don't visit the stewards after ever race haha i do put everything on the line though and i'm extremely passionate about winning :p nice way to put it i think haha

I'm very aggressive, and am not content to sit behind and trundle along until the straight. If you leave be a gap, be it one meter or one millimeter I will go for it. Sometimes this ends well and I win, sometimes not so much and we crash. I attack the curbs, eat my tires, but am very good at managing my fuel (haven't run out during a race yet).

My biggest problem is that I lack patience when I'm behind a clearly slower car who's racing me for position. If I get held up for more then a lap I tend to get aggravated and turn my aggression up a notch. I don't punt people off intentionally, but I make really stupid mistakes because I let my emotions take over my logical thinking.

Fairly smooth driving style, like to get into a rhythm. I'm much better a few laps in once I've found that rhythm. Behind others I tend to be patient, waiting for a mistake. In a shorter race I can be aggressive, but never to the point of pushing people across on a straight or anything like that. I hate it when people play like the cars are indestructible and they shove you into walls etc.

Nice though provoking thread-well done.
I prefer understeer to oversteer and like a grippy rear end. Then I know once turned in I can nail it.
I think I take a strategic approach. My pace is prob .5-1.0 sec off the very fastest. I will usually start on primes and let the fastest guys battle each other while I lap pretty close. One error and I am there to take a position.
When attacking I try to be very courteous and go for a clean pass. I'm usually not in a great hurry to pass enjoying the close racing and finding a spot where I have extra speed. If that takes a lap or more great fun.
When defending I am not so easy to pass as I have reasonable pace hit the apex mostly and drive a wide car.
I dont brake late and go for good corner exit speed.
If I had to have a driving type its then Buttonesque. Him at Monza, watching Hamilton and Schumi hurt each other for a few laps and then diving through-priceless skill.

I like quite agressive oversteering cars for hotlapping, i like to swing the back of the car for a shorter turn radius and i smash the throttle mid corner to the exit.

I'm a lot more cautious driving my car during a race, smoother with the throttle and leaving a margin under braking, letting the times come to me instead of forcing it.
With the years i've also learned that keeping a level head and keeping your nose clean pays off when battling with other cars.
Trying to overtake 2 guys on a heavy braking zone, and a "no way you're passing me" attitude usually ends up in tears.

That is not a smart thing to do online though, if you put them in a position back of or we will crash... most people will choose crash.

I feel i must add, i have done this while karting however.
People are a lot more encouraged to back off when a real life tyre barrier is in the way :cool:

i'm kinda like hamilton, i throw the car into the corner and use oversteer a lot, agressive in overtaking, in the races i push the car to the limit, that gives about 3 laps with really great time, and other 3 with bad times since the tyres are totally gone by that time in the race, i take risks too which sometimes can cost me a broken front wing :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back