How well does DTM Experience perform on your system?

Hi
I'd like to get some reports on how DTM Experience performs on your system.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how well it'll perform on mine (dual GTX 780s, i7 4770K, triple screens). But I believe the game isn't optimised for SLI yet so I'm wondering what performance I might get if I use just one GPU.

What performance do you get? What settings? What FPS?

Agreed, the one setting that makes the most impact is reflection type. Simple Cube Map will save a good bit of performance from reduced. I run everything else at the max setting and get anywhere from 60-80fps at 2560x1600 resolution with a grid of 11 depending on the track and using the cockpit view. Using the hood view, I get a boost in framerates of about 10-15fps above the cockpit view. This is using an Intel I5 2500k at 4.4GHz and dual GTX 780's in SLI, however SLI doesn't work in this game so I'm using a single 780 at 1228MHz.
You get better results with one GPU rather than two?

How do you turn off a GPU? Do you do that in Nvidia control panel. You "disable sli" and make sure that applies to the right .exe file?

What if one of your three screens is connected to the second GPU (the one that's disabled)?

You get better results with one GPU rather than two?

How do you turn off a GPU? Do you do that in Nvidia control panel. You "disable sli" and make sure that applies to the right .exe file?

What if one of your three screens is connected to the second GPU (the one that's disabled)?

I won't say you'll get better results with one GPU compared to two, you simply get no benefit of having both since there's no SLI profile. You don't want to disable SLI in the Nvidia control panel under the SLI menu, that disables it for all games. If you want to specifically use just a single card, you go to the 3D game settings menu in the Nvidia control panel, select the game you want to adjust settings specifically, then go to the Nvida SLI setting and choose single GPU. Its honestly not necessary in this game though, the only games you ever want to do that is if you're getting artifacting, anomalies or negative scalling from enabling both GPU's. rFactor2 for instance negative scales meaning it cuts your framerate in half compared to using a single GPU, this is a case where you would disable one GPU. I've also found that both NFS Shift games and Dirt 3 work better with a single GPU than the Nvidia SLI profile, NFS Shift gets the occasional flickering texture in SLI, Shift 2 Unleashed get stutters in SLI, and Dirt 3 get a weird flickering in the menus in SLI.

I won't say you'll get better results with one GPU compared to two, you simply get no benefit of having both since there's no SLI profile. You don't want to disable SLI in the Nvidia control panel under the SLI menu, that disables it for all games. If you want to specifically use just a single card, you go to the 3D game settings menu in the Nvidia control panel, select the game you want to adjust settings specifically, then go to the Nvida SLI setting and choose single GPU. Its honestly not necessary in this game though, the only games you ever want to do that is if you're getting artifacting, anomalies or negative scalling from enabling both GPU's. rFactor2 for instance negative scales meaning it cuts your framerate in half compared to using a single GPU, this is a case where you would disable one GPU. I've also found that both NFS Shift games and Dirt 3 work better with a single GPU than the Nvidia SLI profile, NFS Shift gets the occasional flickering texture in SLI, Shift 2 Unleashed get stutters in SLI, and Dirt 3 get a weird flickering in the menus in SLI.
Thanks for the info, Blkout
Would you have an idea about what happens if one of the three screens (in a 3-screen setup) is connected to the second GPU (the one that's disabled)?

Thanks for the info, Blkout
Would you have an idea about what happens if one of the three screens (in a 3-screen setup) is connected to the second GPU (the one that's disabled)?

Disabling SLI shouldn't have any effect on the video card output, it just changes the way Nvidia handles the graphics processing. Disabling SLI would simply tell the GPU's not to work together to produce the same scene.

Just in case you haven't purchased your monitors yet....

According to Sector 3, R3E does not support Crossfire or SLI.
And from my experience, my Crossfire does not work in R3E

Stats for my 6970 graphics card (purchased in 2011)
5760x1080 resolution on 3x23" monitors
Gets 60-75 fps on medium settings
and 40-45 fps on high settings with 4xAA, FXAA on. Framerates were better than I expected and I didn't notice any issues in the video. Maybe something slightly different with 60-75fps that I couldn't put my finger on. But very playable.

Once you go triple screens, you won't go back.

Running DTM at 5812 x 1080 (3 x 27"), i7 3.4/4.0 GHz, 16 GB, GTX 780 GHz OC Edition, looks and run great - with 11 AI (haven't tried more). Loving this game, sounds are sick!
I don't remember the FPS as I haven't been monitoring anymore, also not sure on graphic settings but definitely looks good (I know mostly high settings).

If you want to monitor things like gpu, cpu, and fps on screen, try MSI Afterburner and the accompanying Riva Tuner. You set what you want to see and here is what mine looks like

http://prntscr.com/74mwhz

As you can see at 5760x1080, I did not get very good frame rates with 8x AA. It's on the border of being annoyingly unplayable (lots of skipping), but my gpu is comparable to the GTX 570.

You can customize the color, location, size of the font, but you can't change the font type. Since this screenshot of this video was taken, I moved my on screen data next to the dashboard HUD.
just fyi

Seems I get stuttering with it on....didn't before
Thanks for the info.

I did two things I never did before.
1) used MSI Afterburner in an old game that I played last night.
2) Used gpu setting "detect edges" for my anti-aliasing.

R3E ran great at 5760x1080.
In my old game, I normally get 60-90fps easy. 46% gpu useage.
After I played R3E, I played the other online game and with "10"ping, I got 11 fps, 100% gpu useage, and when I entered the server, all the other players started lagging too.
Guess it's not an Afterburner issue then.

980 GTX SLI, I turned SLI off but the stutters remains. High FPS (>100) but not fluid.

As far as I know and from experience, R3E does not support Crossfire or SLI.
---------------------
I thought I read somewhere that pushing high frame rates sometimes causes half image refresh, or something like, which sometimes causes stuttering.

I use V-sync even though I get fairly high fps. My 60hz/2ms gaming monitors can only refresh so fast, so it defeats the purpose of pushing high frame rates on a monitor that can't refresh that fast. Just wasting gpu power. As I understand. I'm just hoping that upgrading to 120hz monitors or projectors will eliminate the motion blur which affects my eyes so I can run full races.

Last edited:
Geforce GT 440 (piece of sh**)

All medium graphics, shadows on, 4xAA, FXAA on, no reflections on car body.

60 fps.

Next month I'm buying a GTX 650 or a GTX 750ti.

R3E may have the worst AI, but it has the best optimized graphic engine by far (including pcars).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back