How tyre file works ?

Hi everyone,

First post here, my name is Thomas, I am from France. I purchased GTR2 1 month ago (but I have played other racing games) and started playing it, it's a great game, even more with the 10th anniversary patch you did, thank you so much !!!

I am creating this thread because I started add some mods to the game and it looks very promising. However, with some mods, the tyre seems wrong, they heat up too much even with the good pression/Camber/Suspension/aero settings, in a way that is not relevant compare to real life (like they get to 130°C in a straight line accelerating just because the car is going 200+kph) and the real problem is it makes the car useless sometimes. It is particulary the case for prototype cars, like the lmp900 of the SCC prototype cars. Or it goes the opposite way, like the front tyre are and stay dead cold no matter what (for GT3 cars, or even some prototype cars). So, the past few days, I started to go check the tyre file itself and started a few try to fix it. Honestly, I didn't go far, I briefly succeed reducing the overheating but it still heat up massively in straight line. I think it is a problem link to the load, mainly, and maybe a too pessimistic or optimistic take on heating parameters.

So I wanted to know if anyone have a guide or a thread in mind on how to make tyre file for GTR2 so I can go a bit further and share it with you if you encounter the same problem.

Kindly,

Thomas

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer.
The thing I can't get for now is how the load system works. Maybe it is a false lead, I don't know. Because heating, by using the variable independantly I quite get it, the thing that I don't understand is why the tyre heat so much passing a certain speed, because it means that in long straight (Monza, Spa, Le Mans for example), the tyre overheat instead of cooling down. I tought that maybe I can break that down by guetting air cooling value up but it is a bit tricky. So I was thinking, especialy for prototype cars, the tyre should not be heating that much depending on vertical load. Is load sensibility the key factor for that matter, or is it only relative to heating by friction, or is it another one I didnt think about ? That's the main question I am facing at the moment.

some values are very sensitive : tiny variation makes huge effect.
No need to modify load if it is only overheating issue : you need to play (change value>test>change value>test>etc...) with heating and cooling entries as it is a balance. It took me quite a full year to optimize HQ tyres for all GTR2 cars and for every compound (soft/medium/intermediate/wet/monsoon).
Maybe the easy way for you is to try to replace SCC tyres by my HQ tyres : you just need to replace the tyrebrand called in HDC files (try GTs tyres like viper and not NGT)

Ok, I tried that with the MC12 HQ file to fit the mid engine type just in case, seems to work. Thank you for your help and obviously your work. I guess I don't have to reinvent the wheel after all :)

Thanks again !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 105 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 80 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 54 6.5%
  • < 5 years