How to!?

Hi,
short intro:
I do sim racing for over 20 years now (with several interuption years)...
GPL, GTR, GTL, LFS, GTR2, AC, rfactor2 (at the very beginning), now AMS2, no iracing -->I dont have time to make the price-performance ratio reasonable.

In the moment I am not completely satisfied with AMS2 as the community is very thin and the LSD is not finished (my opinion)
So I thought I give rfacvtor2 another go. After setting up "everything" I must say that I am totally lost.

Is there a "easy" way to get good DIVERSIFIED racing with rfactor2 without using more time to get and keep everything up to date than to actually race.

If yes, please let me know... maybe it is just one link of a community site with a guide...

Thanks in advance

Regards
FLOwRAY

People who often come back to rF2 often complain of the immense downloads and installing. Fortunately that is a one time deal. If you are looking for diversified racing, examine the Competiton System under the RACE menu. Online at several different times most days. Different series, cars etcs. Some require DLC, some do not. If you look to join a DLC based series, say GT3 for example...you will need to buy ALL the cars. Most often they are sold in pack with a steep discount from individual prices. But you need ALL of the. The Comp System should be able to tell you what you need to join.
There are plenty of leagues if you want consistent competition. If you race offline, that is the poor stepchild at the moment. Focus has been mainly on eSports, Online and rebuilding the UI. So most online issues have not been addressed yet. One important bit of advice for offline racing is to turn off the flags. Yellow flags and AI are a recipe for disaster.
As far as a single site? Not sure really.
Oh another hint, if your sim locks up on exit, certain files may be corrupted. If you try and restart at some later point, you'll see an error message about json files not responding. Deleting or renaming(best) your player folder will allow the sim to rebuild the corrupted file. (if you re-name the player folder, you can then copy the controller folder from inside the re-named player folder and paste it into the new player folder. That way you will always have a back up of your controller settings)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%