How to unlock/ungrey Ferraris and Porches?

Hi. I downloaded GTR2 on Steam about a week ago. I’m not a big gamer so I’m pretty rubbish at the mods and stuff. I’ve tried to ‘ungrey’ the Ferrari’s and Porches so that they are in the game like any other car but have so far been unsuccessful. I’ve downloaded the 10th Anniversary HQ patch which was supposed to do the job but hasn’t. I’ve ended up with a few extra tracks and a BMW Z4 but no Ferraris and Porches. Can anyone help?!
Thanks very much

I will send you the link with the fixed gtr2.exe or you can use the gtr2.exe and net.dll in the anniversary patch.
The HQ patch is ultimately the easiest way and safest way to do it i think plus it comes with a ton of upgrades and bug fixes though it will break alt tab the easiest way to fix it is to copy the d3d9.dll file from AMS if you have that game and replace it with that or rename the gtr2mapplugin.dll file to d3d9.dll.

Last edited:
Hi. I downloaded GTR2 on Steam about a week ago. I’m not a big gamer so I’m pretty rubbish at the mods and stuff. I’ve tried to ‘ungrey’ the Ferrari’s and Porches so that they are in the game like any other car but have so far been unsuccessful. I’ve downloaded the 10th Anniversary HQ patch which was supposed to do the job but hasn’t. I’ve ended up with a few extra tracks and a BMW Z4 but no Ferraris and Porches. Can anyone help?!
Thanks very much
Sorry but I just can't let you say such crap about HQ Anniversary PATCH : read both install.txt +readme.txt !!!

As already written with IMPORTANT NOTE FOR NOOBS LIKE YOU :
- YOU NEED 7zip ARCHIVER v19.00 to extract my archives
- WITH STEAM YOU MUST COPY GTR2 GAME OUTSIDE STEAMAPPS FOLDER BECAUSE STEAM WILL RESTORE DEFAULT EXE AND DELETE ALL UPDATES/MODS
- EXTRACT HQ ANNIVERSARY PATCH WHERE YOU HAVE COPIED THE ORIGINAL GAME : YOU MUST TICK BOX OVERWRITE ALL FILES AND ALL FOLDERS OTHERWISE THAT WON'T WORK
- RIGHT MOUSE CLICK ON EVERY EXE TO SET ADMINISTRATOR+WINXPSP3 COMPAGIBILITY
- RUN GTR2_SETUP.BAT (DOUBLE CLICK ON IT)

Sorry but I just can't let you say such crap about HQ Anniversary PATCH : read both install.txt +readme.txt !!!

As already written with IMPORTANT NOTE FOR NOOBS LIKE YOU :
- YOU NEED 7zip ARCHIVER v19.00 to extract my archives
- WITH STEAM YOU MUST COPY GTR2 GAME OUTSIDE STEAMAPPS FOLDER BECAUSE STEAM WILL RESTORE DEFAULT EXE AND DELETE ALL UPDATES/MODS
- EXTRACT HQ ANNIVERSARY PATCH WHERE YOU HAVE COPIED THE ORIGINAL GAME : YOU MUST TICK BOX OVERWRITE ALL FILES AND ALL FOLDERS OTHERWISE THAT WON'T WORK
- RIGHT MOUSE CLICK ON EVERY EXE TO SET ADMINISTRATOR+WINXPSP3 COMPAGIBILITY
- RUN GTR2_SETUP.BAT (DOUBLE CLICK ON IT)
oh no look what you have done op you have unleashed the mod creators wrath/s

Last edited:
No, just a bit upset when you spend time to write readme and install process especially for newbies (plus when you write "IMPORTANT to read txt files...otherwise you will cry and say cars are grey" at the very beginning of readme LOL) : if his cars are still grey then he has not installed ALL the files+folders of Anniversary Patch, or he did it but not in the correct directory.

The HQ patch is ultimately the easiest way and safest way to do it i think plus it comes with a ton of upgrades and bug fixes though it will break alt tab the easiest way to fix it is to copy the d3d9.dll file from AMS if you have that game and replace it with that or rename the gtr2mapplugin.dll file to d3d9.dll.

Not necessary.
The gtr2.exe's are different versions.
In fact there are at least 5 different gtr2.exe's and at least 3 that do not require a a disc in the driver or mount a iso.
The Steam gtr2.exe got some drawbacks but there are a lot of things is does much better than the other two. So if the OP wants to use the version from steam then it is pointless to download the one in the anniversary pack!
The .exe's has nothing to do with the other upgrades.

And if XD are important then there is another gtr2.exe then the one in that archive that in general runs better!
Again just in my opinion! And Paul do not agree!:)

WITH STEAM YOU MUST COPY GTR2 GAME OUTSIDE STEAMAPPS FOLDER BECAUSE STEAM WILL RESTORE DEFAULT EXE AND DELETE ALL UPDATES/MODS

It is a very good idea to do that but Steam will not overwrite anything in the gtr2 folder unless they make an update (fat chance) or you ask Stream to verify the files for gtr2.
And even that will not delete anything!

RIGHT MOUSE CLICK ON EVERY EXE TO SET ADMINISTRATOR+WINXPSP3 COMPAGIBILITY

On Win 10 that is not a good idea!
No need to set compatibility for any of the gtr2.exe on Win 10 since +2 years it just slows down the fps and prevent some features to be used.
Even Admin right can course issues with external programs! I do it as I like the convenience of having the .plr file in the local UserData folder.

oh no look what you have done op you have unleashed the mod creators wrath/s

Paul is just tired of spending a lot of time writing very long and detailed install and setup texts that few bothers to read;)
Have send him both so water under the bridge!

I did not say steam will delete but steam will check files (you can deactivate it in steam options but for a newbie I guess it is still activated) and restore original steam GTR2.EXE and so grey cars too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back