How to turn on/off virtual mirrors & what do Race Engineer/Spotter do?

Having been an AMS1 user of the virtual mirrors (3 along the top) how do you turn them on in AMS2?...i dont see an option to turn them on but i see Youtube videos where people have the mirror (note in car mirrors are working)

Also what are Race Engineer and Spotter meant to do as i have turned them from OFF to Authentic but nothing happens. Is this as they dont yet work in EA release?....thanks

Having been an AMS1 user of the virtual mirrors (3 along the top) how do you turn them on in AMS2?
The mirror only appears if you have the HUD set to Full. I'm guessing options to enable/disable individual HUD elements will come in a future build.

Also what are Race Engineer and Spotter meant to do as i have turned them from OFF to Authentic but nothing happens. Is this as they dont yet work in EA release?
Correct. Even setting them to "always" does nothing at the moment. Crew Chief works perfectly though, if you want an audible race engineer and spotter.

Anyone know how to have CC start automatically when launching from steam or the exe?
CC has an option which is supposed to allow you to start your sims through it by just selecting them and hitting the start button, but having tried this I haven't gotten it to work yet. I did notice an app someone made in our downloads section the other day though which is supposed to do exactly what you want, launch CC whenever you start a sim. I haven't tried it myself yet and it will need minor tweaking to work with AMS 2, but should be pretty straightforward. You can find it here.

Also using CC with AC, will there be default settings on the AMS2 side? I assume settings are different
CC has numerous settings, some of which are common between sims and others which are sim-specific. Thankfully, the options screen has filters allowing you to view only settings that are specific to the sim you want to use. At this time, the only AMS 2-specific setting is "car length" used by the audible spotter, but it's already set and doesn't need to be changed. All of the settings you use for AC should already work fine as long as AMS 2 supports them.

@Ross Garland thank you. That auto start prg sounds like it may do the trick.
"
Config
Open the .xml file in any text editor. Here you can tell the application where you installed CrewChief and add more sims for the application to watch. I only added the ones I play but adding a new one should be pretty straight forward. "

:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back