How to teach your kids (sim)racing

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
...and so we had a little chat during diner

David (6) : "Daddy is the oldest daddy here" (thanks :( )
David (6) : "Daddy is also the youngest daddy here " (yeah)
Daddy : "David is the oldest son, but not the youngest"
Mum : "yes, Lucas (0) is the youngest son"
Ruben (3) : "Lucas is also Formula 1 mum!"

?

Lucas Oils sponsors Indycars :) which looks similar to F1 for Ruben :)

:honk:

He should be penalized by watching F1 videos 12 hours a day till he can name ever formula one driver and team ever existed, put them in chronolical order and name everyone's achievements :)

It was easy for me... simply install Papyrus' Indy 500 on my first computer ;) Of course, I never quite understood the setup options in my youth, and, if you've never played it, suffice to say that the default setups for that game are severely lacking...

• Walter Johnson

Ever since my sons could speak and comprend the english language they have grasped several racing terms while I am watching various racing series. My eldest has seen a few local track events with me while my younger son has yet to reach the stage where he undertsand the fun and pleasure, watching racing can have on you. Im sure he will learn some day.

You should hear them during F1 races :)
They take their toy F1 cars which are somewhat lookalikes of McL/Ferr/RedB/Ren.

David(6) already know some teams by name (not yet all of them) and even know some drivers already and some even by helmet.
So I was already mentioning Piquet in a Renault where I was correct by him saying "No dad, thats Alonso".... oops.

For the time being he stays of my wheel and only play on the xbox/ps3. But he might pick up simracing in some years :)
I have to make sure not to sell my wheel when I get another :)

Ps. me proud? noooooooo :angel2:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing