Paul Jeffrey

Premium
For the upcoming SRO E-Sport GT Series AM Championship races, one lucky RD member will have their lap broadcast during the pre-race show, and critiqued by Driver 61 Head Coach, Scott Mansell.

Rather than just another lap guide, we want to engage our viewing audience a little more during the new AM Championship season, and we thought a great way to do that would be to give you all the opportunity to submit a lap for commentary and review by a driver coaching professional.

For those of you who don't know, Driver 61 are a real world and virtual motorsport driver coaching organisation, that combines considerable experience on the circuits of the real world, with enviable ability behind the virtual wheel. Head Coach and founder, Scott Mansell (read more about Scott's story HERE), have kindly offered their services to provide lap guide critiques during our SRO E-Sport GT Series AM Championship season - and we want you to get involved!

If you want an opportunity to have your lap shown on the broadcast, and some tips to be shared by Scott, get it submitted today!

What Sim Are We Using?
The series will be run in Assetto Corsa Competizione, and all lap submissions should be made using that simulation.

How To Submit A Lap?
All you need to do is record a single lap of the given circuit of the week in 1920x1080 60fps with minimum 8000 kbps (8MB/s) bitrate. Laps should be recorded using the onboard camera, and can be uploaded in the special Driver 61 lap submission media section by clicking this link.

Events Schedule
  • Nurburgring - 30th May 2020
  • Barcelona - 6th June 2020
  • Season Final (track tbc) - 14th June

When Is The Deadline?
We will be running this process for each of the SRO E-Sport GT Series AM Championship races, starting with Round 3 at the Nurburgring Grand Prix Circuit on Saturday 30th May. We request laps for each round to be submitted no later than the Thursday prior to race day - but don't despair, you can submit laps for future races if you haven't got time to get something ready for Nurburgring..

Submit Your Lap.jpg

Good luck with your laps, enjoy the experience and of course, tune in to RaceDepartment on Twitch to catch all the racing action live and as it happens....

Quick Links
  • SRO E-Sport GT Series Explained | Click Here
  • SRO E-Sport GT Series sub forum | Click Here
  • Official Live Twitch Broadcast Channel | Click Here
  • Official Entry List | Click Here
  • Join the conversation on social media via the official hashtag #iAMracing
Series Sponsor Links

AM Series Sponsors NEW.png

Last edited:
This is a great initiative and I would urge you to have a go at setting a lap (Nurburgring next weekend) for submission. Scott does a really great job of offering advice (check out the Spa the-race show) and it's free learning!!!

Looking forward to seeing what in store next weekend...

I don't have ACC, I don't even have a working wheel right now, but this DOES sound intriguing.
I would check Steam now to see how much it is. Over here in Malaysia it's RM65 which is around €14 or £12
Obviously with taxes and local wages to take into consideration it may cost more where you are.
But I'd say buying now in its current state would be great for any new players as the title has been refined multiple times since its early access and after going live.
Could always try using a pad if no working wheel. I think pad users have reported that it works quite well this way.

Nice! After not qualifying (boohoo) for AM series this could be a nice way to try to improve for next championship :)

Maybe you already thought about it but I have a suggestion regarding the AM cup, and I'm asking for a friend :D: Wouldn't it be fun to challenge a RD ACC racing club driver to join an AM round as a sort of guest driver? Per round you then could "win" entry to one of the AM championship races.

And the cost for an entire year is minimal. The potential fun you can have joining just a few club races on here more than pays for that meagre outlay. Imho of course :thumbsup:

I totally agree with you, the cost is negligible, but there's a spanner in works here and it's PayPal. If RD offered any other payment option then I'd have been premium ages ago.

And the cost for an entire year is minimal. The potential fun you can have joining just a few club races on here more than pays for that meagre outlay. Imho of course :thumbsup:

I don't even play online yet! I download a lot of mod's on RD, I pay for premium to give something back to RD for this awesome site, Premium membership isn't really a lot of money is it? I've just spent more for some bank holiday beers! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%