How to start Assetto Corsa in windowed mode?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Is there a way to start AC in a window instead of a full screen?

I am working on a document that requires me to switch between the forum and the game and I'd like to have the two side by side.

Did not check it myself but try this:

Full Screen Rendering

When checked Assetto Corsa will run in full screen rendering mode. Unchecked it will run in a window.

NOT using full screen mode can help graphics card compatibility issues, and is generally more windows friendly but you will typically see a performance drop and features such as Crossfire or SLI will not function.

Leave this checked for best performance

You have to put manually in video.cfg file the resolution that you want and set FULLSCREEN=0. The same for launcher, you have to put manually in launcher.cfg the resolution that you want for it.
Quite annoying to have a launcher running at full screen in game background, lots of issues related. I have set mine launcher to run at 1280x720.

I followed these instructions. In the launcher.ini file I added:
Code:
WIDTH=1920
HEIGHT=1080
The files are located in:
Code:
Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\cfg

AC is still taking up the entire screen. When I launch and get into the main menu, I see a small pop up say "Press F11 to toggle fullscreen".

My monitors resolution is 1920x1200.

Edit: The change is only recognize for files located in 'My Documents' location
C:\Users\ken\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg

the file video.ini, only effects when you've loaded up a circuit, whereas launcher.ini is for the main menu.

Last edited:
You don't need to do any of that.
Just use JSGME or OVGME and make " resolutions mods" you can swap in a click. ;)

Explain....
Well I use multi resolutions for most all sims as I like a small window to work on them so I can multi-task, then I may use FS or FSW or DSR resolutions as well.

So if you set resolution and copy affected folder/ files to a "mod" you can enable/disable without having to do any edits.

Which means rF2 I can set res mod and leave it ticked to boot all the time instead of having to untick box then use clunky rF Config then tick box again.

P.S. Also below you see I have resolutions for 2 monitors for when I swap from 4K TV to UW rig. I assume you could also use same method to do your VR.

Good, reminds me I need to make mod for new UW @ DSR.

ovgme res mods.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back