How to stabilize my CSL pedals?

I use Fanatec CSL pedals on a desktop setup. Not really able to get a proper rig at the moment, so unfortunately my pedals are just on the carpet. It's a bad scene...a thick book and some towels to keep things from schootching forward when I brake. To get full brake pressure, I have to throw an anyerism-inducing amount of push on the pedal. This leads to all sorts of fun things, like my pedals moving, my seat moving back and either plowing right up the arses of fellow sim-racers due to never getting full pressure or my fellow sim-racers plowing up my own arse because I just have to brake earlier. What do desktop racers do to address this? I'm not very handy with tools (though I am a tool) but I'm sure I could follow a mounting how-to if one's out there.

I use Fanatec CSL pedals on a desktop setup. Not really able to get a proper rig at the moment, so unfortunately my pedals are just on the carpet. It's a bad scene...a thick book and some towels to keep things from schootching forward when I brake. To get full brake pressure, I have to throw an anyerism-inducing amount of push on the pedal. This leads to all sorts of fun things, like my pedals moving, my seat moving back and either plowing right up the arses of fellow sim-racers due to never getting full pressure or my fellow sim-racers plowing up my own arse because I just have to brake earlier. What do desktop racers do to address this? I'm not very handy with tools (though I am a tool) but I'm sure I could follow a mounting how-to if one's out there.
Easiest solution would be strapping the pedals to the seat!
Seat can't move, pedals can't move but both can be moved together and it's still easy to put the pedals away.

You could either attach straps around the bars between the pedals and lay them across or below the base or you could use the screw holes at the bottom for mounting. Find fitting screws and simply screw the straps tight.

Problem might be the seat. Any possibility of attaching straps?

For the straps: they need to have zero stretch! You could use some dyneema rope for sailing. Liros would be a quality brand.

Or some belt like straps ofc!

Upvote 0
I did this with my T-LCM pedals and they don't budge when hitting the brakes even with the heaviest springs, maybe you could do something similar with your CSL pedals:

Upvote 0
some belt like straps
Ratcheting Tie Down works well for me:
strap.jpg

Hooks to pedals, loop webbing around the seat (a swivel desk chair, in my case).
Ratchet simplifies adjusting distance to pedals.
US$4 https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-1-in-x-14-ft-ratcheting-tie-down-61295.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ratcheting Tie Down works well for me:
View attachment 492429
Hooks to pedals, loop webbing around the seat (a swivel desk chair, in my case).
Ratchet simplifies adjusting distance to pedals.
US$4 https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-1-in-x-14-ft-ratcheting-tie-down-61295.html
Nice!
Forgot about these although having one around my mattress to keep the head-part from going up and one always in the car for quickly fixating stuff that's flying around!

And I guess the hook can be either hooked around a standing out screw beneath the pedal base or just around the connecting bars between the 3 pedals :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%