How to set up your steering wheel for Stock Car Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Steering wheel alignment with in-game wheels & eliminating steering lag

To match your steering rotation with the in-game steering wheel rotation, just make sure your "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" setting in CONTROLS menu matches your controller setting - be that 180, 270, 540, 900 or whatever - this setting affects the in-game graphical steering wheel rotation only. If the controller setting and this in-game setting are the same, both graphical and controller wheels steering position will match 1:1.

If the controller setting and in-game steering wheel rotation are the same but they are still not aligning all the time or lagging, check that:

- steering help is switched off;
- speed sensitivity slider in CONTROLS > CONTROLLER 2 menu is at 0%;
- your FPS performance is over 60 FPS;
- VSync is switched off.

Setting up the correct steering ratio

For controlling the car you also need to ensure the steering ratio is correct. This is the ratio between your controller steering rotation and in-game steering lock (the maximum angle the front wheels will turn, set from the Garage menu).

Default steering lock for all cars is 14 degrees, which is suitable for 270º of steering rotation from your controller. You can achieve better & more realistic steering ratio by setting steering rotation & steering lock as below:

-For the formula cars, MR18, Marcas and the StockV8s, set your controller rotation to 450-540 degrees, and steering lock to 18-24 degrees;

-For the Camaro, Opala and Mini set steering rotation to 900º, and steering lock to 30-33 degrees;

-For the karts, set steering to 180º, keeping default steering lock of 16 degrees.

Keep in mind that the steering rotation that is relevant to steering ratio is from your controller profile - the steering rotation you can set from the CONTROLS menu is just for the graphical steering wheel.

Force Feedback settings

Logitech G25 / G27
p6ZWaLK.jpg

(sorry for portuguese but should be self-explanatory)

As described above, 270 degrees of rotation is suitable for the default steering lock in all cars. It is recommended however that this setting is adjusted to what is more suitable for each car, which will require re-adjusting this setting both in Logitech profile as well as the "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" in the Controls menu.

You don´t necessarily have to access the Logitech profile to change wheel rotation with the G25 / G27 - you can do it from the controller itself, by holding the two middle red buttons and press one of the following:

Top: 240 degrees

Right: 670 degrees

Left: 450 degrees

Bottom: 900 degrees

Apparently this also will work for the DFGT, but obviously the settings and buttons to press are different.

In-game there is no secret - just use the settings from the default G25 / G27 profiles, making sure
FFB effects is set to Low and strentgh to -100% . Adjust "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" to match your Logitech profile setting:

PHFhIGc.jpg

ALaz9Bn.jpg

(Not that the "HEAD MOVEMENT / LOOK AHEAD / EXAGGERATE YAW sliders are for the view movement in-cockpit, not related to the actual controller setting. Digital rates are relevant for keyboards / gamepad users)
NvYYX1k.jpg

There is naturally a degree of of personal taste to these settings - you may increase centering force for example if you prefer more resistance from the wheel around the center, or you may increase FFB effects in-game from LOW to add canned effects, but these settings should provide the purest FFB.

Settings for TM T500 RS & Fanatec CSR V1/V2 will follow up shortly.

Last edited:
Thank you! Yes! I've been looking for the correct degrees and ratios. Also, that future update where the game takes of everything sounds awesome because, right now, one would have to exit the game to change degrees (the only way is to do it through logitech profiler, right?).

I purchased SCar extreme
I can barely operate a computer
I finally loaded the game
but I have no idea how to do the settings
I chose the g27 thing and pressed load
but it has all joypad stuff for the assigned buttons
can anyone not bash me and help me?
I'm lost it says for the throttle
Joy1B12
then I pressed the joy whatever it says
then it says "press enter to overwrite or esc to retry
What does this mean?
Apologies to all I am being truthful
Thanks for any help

Come on anyone
help a guy out
I hate AC the AI is useless
I am extreme time limited I have
maybe 1-2 hours per week to race
and that is a great week
Please anyone
Maybe the devs who own the game
I paid for it please help

Bartolo, it's past midnight where the devs live, so I doubt they'll be able to help you now. Here are 3 things you should try:

1) Disconnect any gamepad, etc. you might have, leave only your steering wheel connected, to ensure the game recognizes it.

2) Launch the game. Click on "Options", then "Difficulty". Disable everything on the left column, except "Invulnerability" (unless you want to). Choose whatever you want in the right column.

3) Click on "Controls". Where it says "Presets", choose your wheel (I assume it's a G27), then click "Load". Assuming everything goes well, it should be mostly automatically configured.

4) Try driving! I can't remember which, but one of the six red buttons in the actual G27 wheel will disable the pit speed limiter, so just push them until you find out which one is it.

Thank you Fabio
I have a dedicated computer only for racing
It has a g27 wheel no joystick no anything
I will try again
I did choose the g27 button and pressed load
maybe I should give it some time
I'm sure glad nobody thought I was a whack
or a troll

This is the page I'm at
I chose the g27 wheel
pressed load
when I get to the race
it's in 4th gear nothing works exert the throttle
but the car won't go faster then 58kpm
I've played iracing and AC
In iracing you can designate any button
but here it won't work
the game says press enter to overwrite
but I can't

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    606.9 KB · Views: 1,229
So glad I've figured out how to get a pic up here
Here's the race page
well I can't load the actual race page with the car in the pits
it says "file too large"
???
see what I mean?
no luck
good karma
Just no luck
So maybe I should check the box in the g27
profiler in the computer that says
"Allow game to adjust" or whatever that actually says?
I think mine is "unticked"
as it is phrased in the AC forums
I will do that and see what happens

I've done everything exactly as you've suggested
So jus to get going I chose the Championship season
thing
I go straight to the race
It's stuck in 4th gear
when I try to upshift it looks right
downshift it looks left
Now to be clear in iracing I can rotate Spa with the bmwz4
in 2:20. Whatever