How to set up your steering wheel for Stock Car Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Steering wheel alignment with in-game wheels & eliminating steering lag

To match your steering rotation with the in-game steering wheel rotation, just make sure your "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" setting in CONTROLS menu matches your controller setting - be that 180, 270, 540, 900 or whatever - this setting affects the in-game graphical steering wheel rotation only. If the controller setting and this in-game setting are the same, both graphical and controller wheels steering position will match 1:1.

If the controller setting and in-game steering wheel rotation are the same but they are still not aligning all the time or lagging, check that:

- steering help is switched off;
- speed sensitivity slider in CONTROLS > CONTROLLER 2 menu is at 0%;
- your FPS performance is over 60 FPS;
- VSync is switched off.

Setting up the correct steering ratio

For controlling the car you also need to ensure the steering ratio is correct. This is the ratio between your controller steering rotation and in-game steering lock (the maximum angle the front wheels will turn, set from the Garage menu).

Default steering lock for all cars is 14 degrees, which is suitable for 270º of steering rotation from your controller. You can achieve better & more realistic steering ratio by setting steering rotation & steering lock as below:

-For the formula cars, MR18, Marcas and the StockV8s, set your controller rotation to 450-540 degrees, and steering lock to 18-24 degrees;

-For the Camaro, Opala and Mini set steering rotation to 900º, and steering lock to 30-33 degrees;

-For the karts, set steering to 180º, keeping default steering lock of 16 degrees.

Keep in mind that the steering rotation that is relevant to steering ratio is from your controller profile - the steering rotation you can set from the CONTROLS menu is just for the graphical steering wheel.

Force Feedback settings

Logitech G25 / G27
p6ZWaLK.jpg

(sorry for portuguese but should be self-explanatory)

As described above, 270 degrees of rotation is suitable for the default steering lock in all cars. It is recommended however that this setting is adjusted to what is more suitable for each car, which will require re-adjusting this setting both in Logitech profile as well as the "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" in the Controls menu.

You don´t necessarily have to access the Logitech profile to change wheel rotation with the G25 / G27 - you can do it from the controller itself, by holding the two middle red buttons and press one of the following:

Top: 240 degrees

Right: 670 degrees

Left: 450 degrees

Bottom: 900 degrees

Apparently this also will work for the DFGT, but obviously the settings and buttons to press are different.

In-game there is no secret - just use the settings from the default G25 / G27 profiles, making sure
FFB effects is set to Low and strentgh to -100% . Adjust "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" to match your Logitech profile setting:

PHFhIGc.jpg

ALaz9Bn.jpg

(Not that the "HEAD MOVEMENT / LOOK AHEAD / EXAGGERATE YAW sliders are for the view movement in-cockpit, not related to the actual controller setting. Digital rates are relevant for keyboards / gamepad users)
NvYYX1k.jpg

There is naturally a degree of of personal taste to these settings - you may increase centering force for example if you prefer more resistance from the wheel around the center, or you may increase FFB effects in-game from LOW to add canned effects, but these settings should provide the purest FFB.

Settings for TM T500 RS & Fanatec CSR V1/V2 will follow up shortly.

Last edited:
I have been having issues with my G27 wheel.
When I have finished a session and return to the menu screen then start up a new session almost always my wheel and pedals just stop responding I have to boot the game back up to get them back working.
Reloading in game profile and or assigning inputs do not work because its as if the wheel and pedal are unplugged.
Its not a major issue just a tad bit annoying to have to restart the game frequently.

The FFB at "high" or "full" may add a gritty road texture feel as well as RPM vibrations and other stuff that can be programmed into the controller file (when to make the wheel loose force according to understeer, how much force to loose, at what rate, etc. etc.). So, try this, set the FFB to "medium" or "low" instead. It should be more just actual steering rack/column physics based and that's it.

Also, if you have settings similar to damper and spring like on Fanatec and Logitech wheels, then make sure those are all set to 0 as well. Damper and Spring add more gritty feel to the Thrustmaster TX I just spent the last few days using.

I used stock value for the TX. If you look at all the controller files, Rieza curiously has them almost all identical to eachother (besides two of the curb settings on some wheels).

It needs a bit of work as you hardly recieve any detail/info coming through with regards to front tyre grip/slip (both, longitudionally and laterally), but then again I've noticed this with the default SCE FFB settings for years now and with quite a few different wheels so nothing new or suprising there for me.

In terms of feeling the limits of the rear, feeling the bumps, track-undulations, steering resistance on turn-in, correcting oversteer (big or small), I personally think the TX is absolutely brilliant, even better than the T500RS.

I believe 75% overall FFB strength with the TX/T300RS is like 60% of the T500RS; in other words, the true 100% value; everything after 75/60 % is just helping to boost everything without actually increasing the highest amount of force the wheel could theoretically output. I was using 100% overall, 100%, periodic, 100% constant, and I experimented with spring and damper simultaneously on 100%, 50%, and 0%.

Having them both at 100% seemed to give a more texture gritty feel, as if you could feel the pavement more or something. Setting them to 0 made the FFB even slightly more lively and it felt more clear/"clean".

I think I had the in-game car also at 100% as I like a lot of FFB, as well as my friend (the owner of the TX). I could be wrong but I'm quite certain. Anyways, you can always lower it in-game if you want.

Experiment between low, medium, high, and full forces. Low is the most "pure" in-terms of feeling almost, if not only, the actual physics forces being generated through the steering rack/column.

Any update on the Fanatec Settings for the game?

hello, someone have a good setting for csw2?
YES! Please, some Clubsport V2 settings.

I feel the RealFeel settings (as well as whatever lines make a difference in the controller INI files when using "low" FFB) are not optimized at all for the CSW V2. I get the wheel turning the other way during oversteer (I think this is called "self aligning torque"), I get resistance, and I get track undulations/bumps, BUT - and this is a big "but" because it's the absolute most important thing to me when racing - I don't feel any actual grip and all the differences of grip/slip angles.

E.g. There is almost no difference at all from having full tyre grip, to slowly getting some slip, to being in a good slip angle, to pushing slightly too far past that slip angle (just a bit), to pushing really far past the slip angle, to pushing super far past like a lunatic. And it obviously works the same way when trying to lessen the slip angle as you regain grip - no FFB information.

Basically, although the FFB offers resistance, bump feel, and counter-spins during oversteer, it hardly communicates info as you work with the tyre slip angles.

I may go into the controller file and make some changes there to make my wheel tell me things like amounts of grip and slip, then up the FFB to "high" or "full," and finally lower Realfeel's inclusion to maybe 80-90 % but I would rather just tune RealFeel only and leave the FFB to "low" so as to get the most "purest" forces possible. Therefore, I will proceed to create a RealFeel thread.

Last edited:
perfect ffb with the osw

MMosForceFeedback (0.99)

1. im mmos-tool den passenden lenkwinkel für die jeweilige klasse einstellen (z. b. 180-220° -> karts; 540° -> v8; 900° -> opala)

Alle Effekte -> Effekt Filter 14
Effekte Filter -> Reibungsfilter 20
Benutzereffekte -> alle aus

2. folgende einstellungen im spiel unter "controls" vornehmen

']

3. im spiel im jeweiligen fahrzeugsetup den steering lock festlegen (hier: 33 für opala)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years