How to set up your steering wheel for Stock Car Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Steering wheel alignment with in-game wheels & eliminating steering lag

To match your steering rotation with the in-game steering wheel rotation, just make sure your "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" setting in CONTROLS menu matches your controller setting - be that 180, 270, 540, 900 or whatever - this setting affects the in-game graphical steering wheel rotation only. If the controller setting and this in-game setting are the same, both graphical and controller wheels steering position will match 1:1.

If the controller setting and in-game steering wheel rotation are the same but they are still not aligning all the time or lagging, check that:

- steering help is switched off;
- speed sensitivity slider in CONTROLS > CONTROLLER 2 menu is at 0%;
- your FPS performance is over 60 FPS;
- VSync is switched off.

Setting up the correct steering ratio

For controlling the car you also need to ensure the steering ratio is correct. This is the ratio between your controller steering rotation and in-game steering lock (the maximum angle the front wheels will turn, set from the Garage menu).

Default steering lock for all cars is 14 degrees, which is suitable for 270º of steering rotation from your controller. You can achieve better & more realistic steering ratio by setting steering rotation & steering lock as below:

-For the formula cars, MR18, Marcas and the StockV8s, set your controller rotation to 450-540 degrees, and steering lock to 18-24 degrees;

-For the Camaro, Opala and Mini set steering rotation to 900º, and steering lock to 30-33 degrees;

-For the karts, set steering to 180º, keeping default steering lock of 16 degrees.

Keep in mind that the steering rotation that is relevant to steering ratio is from your controller profile - the steering rotation you can set from the CONTROLS menu is just for the graphical steering wheel.

Force Feedback settings

Logitech G25 / G27
p6ZWaLK.jpg

(sorry for portuguese but should be self-explanatory)

As described above, 270 degrees of rotation is suitable for the default steering lock in all cars. It is recommended however that this setting is adjusted to what is more suitable for each car, which will require re-adjusting this setting both in Logitech profile as well as the "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" in the Controls menu.

You don´t necessarily have to access the Logitech profile to change wheel rotation with the G25 / G27 - you can do it from the controller itself, by holding the two middle red buttons and press one of the following:

Top: 240 degrees

Right: 670 degrees

Left: 450 degrees

Bottom: 900 degrees

Apparently this also will work for the DFGT, but obviously the settings and buttons to press are different.

In-game there is no secret - just use the settings from the default G25 / G27 profiles, making sure
FFB effects is set to Low and strentgh to -100% . Adjust "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" to match your Logitech profile setting:

PHFhIGc.jpg

ALaz9Bn.jpg

(Not that the "HEAD MOVEMENT / LOOK AHEAD / EXAGGERATE YAW sliders are for the view movement in-cockpit, not related to the actual controller setting. Digital rates are relevant for keyboards / gamepad users)
NvYYX1k.jpg

There is naturally a degree of of personal taste to these settings - you may increase centering force for example if you prefer more resistance from the wheel around the center, or you may increase FFB effects in-game from LOW to add canned effects, but these settings should provide the purest FFB.

Settings for TM T500 RS & Fanatec CSR V1/V2 will follow up shortly.

Last edited:
Okay so now I've figured it out
somewhat
I am actually driving and shifting gears
and all that
man this sim has great FF
Now all I need is time
I work a lot I my eldest daughter is first year university
if I get 2 hours per week to race it's a lot
maybe after several weeks I'll see you guys
Many apologies for making you guys shake your heads
or think I'm a nut
well a racing nut
I'm actually only a moron
but honest
Thanks so much I am grateful

well
MVindis
MPJack
this is a treat
I fully expected to be shunned
Relieved to be acknowledged as real not a faker. There was a cool guy named Georg in the Ac forums. he helped me very much. I will need much time to be even a
small bit as good as many of you I view in videos. Had 1 hour tonite, 45 min of which were spent setting everything up.
so thanks much mates it is appreciated
I'm only a guy who just doesn't know much computing
but who is desperate to be a better sim racer and get full immersion
for my reward as well.
It gets a little tiring watching the very skilled and racing by proxy.
I will search the threads for help.
How do I trust which mods are 100 percent safe?
Does a monitor or graphics in the computer matter more for the best
quality resolution? I have an i7 processor and I do not experience the
screen resolution that you guys do.
HP computer 2 years old and dedicated to racing only.

How do I trust which mods are 100 percent safe?
Does a monitor or graphics in the computer matter more for the best
quality resolution? I have an i7 processor and I do not experience the
screen resolution that you guys do.
HP computer 2 years old and dedicated to racing only.
Most monitors these days will have very good resolution so it is really your graphics card in the computer that will have the most affect on your resolution and frame rate which is important for smooth racing. I didn't see your computer specs but having a dedicated and modern graphics card is pretty much essential to a good racing experience.
Also I think you can pretty much trust any mod that you download from Race Department.

Keith G
Just read this and thanks very much.
You guys are the coolest.
Who wouldn't want to become a skilled sim racer after signing up here!
Assuming this is possible, I will have the graphics card improved.
Everyone, from now on I will try to post my questions in the appropriate threads.
As I scrolled down I couldn't help noticing how annoying my posts are.
Ugh
thanks again mate!

Keith
okay one more post in the wrong thread
only because I found some stuff that may help you
help me
the specs I can find for the computer:
Intel(R) Core i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz @ 2.20GHz 1024MB
Windows build 9200
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 1790MB
Video Driver v10.18.0010.3958
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)
I'm sure you didn't need all of this stuff
but can I have a computer guy install a better video card?
Are the MB or all those numbers at the correct levels to
maximize my sim/immersion?
I want the resolution to match the videos I view
Uh you guys make me sick lol
If yes, which card or whatever do I purchase?
Thanks

So can anyone help out
informing me if my computer can be improved
as per better graphics?
Have a better card installed?
Do I have enough RAM? Can I get more, or does it not work that way cause I'm a
dummy?
I notice many of you have video cards with some wild names
and RAM that is much more than mine.
Thanks

Radu
I have no idea how to do that task
Ugh that's still to be learned
Another question:
I downloaded the Porsche cup mod,
I took a pic of the rar file but it says it's too large to post
I will try to describe it
It has three files, one blank,
one says "Game Data" and one says "rfm"
I extracted the first one to steam/steam apps/common/GSCarExtreme/locations/
vehicles but it is not in the game.
This is the first time I've downloaded via WinRar in either AC or GSCextreme
and failed
maybe I'm placing it in the wrong spot?

Hi Reiza devs, thanks for this thread. However I have some questions, sort of.

First, waiting for your suggested FFB settings for the wheels listed in the game, or at least the mainstream ones. I kinda have found a good basis but still looking forward to it (G27).

Then, also looking forward for automatic steering lock and wheel animation for each cars like you said. - Suggestion: in rF2, the game has car specific option so everything is also done automatically, but it applies a soft lock.. which means in logitech profiler I set 900º and the game limits the rotation specifically for each car, along with the lock and steering animation of course; so no need to lower those 900 in profiler for different cars.

To help immersion:
I'd like to know what cars use in real life for shifting method. Right now I'm mostly clueless which is the recommended/right method for shifting in each car. It kinda kills immersion for me.. since I don't know if I should use paddles, sequential, h-shifter, and clutch with the last two.
I don't play as often as I'd like because first I'd like to know which method to use, and then to just practice and race that way.. right now I miss that immersion factor and not enjoying.
Please make a list with correct or recommended shifting method for each car type, will really give me more enjoyment knowing the correct way for that car.

edit: About the last paragraph, I received my answer here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/correct-shifting-methods.101441/#post-1942550

Last edited:
I'm sure there is an answer to this somewhere on the forum. Just can't find it.
I use a Logitech 180 deg wheel. I have no idea where the steering lock is supposed to be in the game. I've been driving with a lock of 18 for a long time now but it just doesn't feel right. Suggestions?
Thanks guys

So I see I am a winner of something
there is a badge and a
Could it be I win the annoying poster of 2015 already?
Thanks everyone I'm speechless
and I realize that's difficult to believe but it's true!

Since I've been sending my G25 settings to a few people ultimately, I thought about putting the info here and simple refer them to this thread, rather to write it several times and send by PM.

Most interesting part is in the doc (kudos to the authors) where the profiler logic is explained. Thrust me, it made a world of difference.

Let's start with the basics then. The most important thing while setting FFB is to correctly setup the Logitech Profiler. A *lot* of people isn't aware of how the profiler really works. Few months ago I found an excellent document explaining how to config it properly, so I think you should start by reading it. You can grab a copy here. It is aimed at RRRE, but the basics are applicable to all sims. Start reading at page 4 and pay attention at the options and their meaning.

After this, here are my actual settings both at profiler (G25 here) and GSCE:

PROFILER (GLOBAL SETTINGS):

PROFILER (GSCE SETTINGS):

Inside the GSCE SETTINGS, adjust your accelerator, brake and clutch axis to be like this:

ACCELERATOR:

BRAKE:

CLUTCH:

Important: inside game, set FFB effects to LOW, FFB strength to -100.
Hope it helps.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years