How to set up a Night Time Server (sol) in Content Manager

kawallito

1RPM
Nov 2, 2017
Hi,

Does anyone know how to set up an online server at night? I already have Sol and night shader installed. However the slider only goes up to 18:00 hrs in server mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reactions: scorpio9gm

scorpio9gm

1RPM
Jan 12, 2020
Sol runs on the clinet slide not server side so if there is away I dont know it but I have been using the server options for a few months now. I wish they would give the server app some love.

Jempy

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 26, 2010
There's somewhere here at RD a video or topic explaining how to prepare such a server for a rather long time now .... I see if I can find it.
Else there's surely one on Sol or CSP Discord.

NB: of course it needs Content Manager to prepare it ... and afterwards the files may even be transfered to a remote server.

EDIT: This one should surely help you: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sol.163844/post-3106072

Last edited:

scorpio9gm

1RPM
Jan 12, 2020
@Jempy this is amazing thanks for that link and @kawallito thanks for asking this question Im glad that sometime I am wrong LOL. I never even thought to look at CM and see if there was a way to deal with the server. Now I have a new toy to play with thanks to bouth of you guys.

Reactions: kawallito and Jempy

scorpio9gm

1RPM
Jan 12, 2020
Hi,

Does anyone know how to set up an online server at night? I already have Sol and night shader installed. However the slider only goes up to 18:00 hrs in server mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
So if you have a problem finding the server section in your Content Manager like I just did press Ctrl+F2 to open the server manager or click the pull down menu next to the About option at the top right.(this explains why I never thought CM could manage the server.)

Reactions: kawallito

kawallito

1RPM
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks @scorpio9gm for the link!! I didn't know under the weather FX section there was another slider that opens up and there you can set the time as well. Got the server running for night time and it looks so amazing!

Edit: whoops I meant @Jempy thx for the link!

Last edited:
Reactions: scorpio9gm

scorpio9gm

1RPM
Jan 12, 2020
@kawallito what I really like about it that now I can find my cars, before if you added cars and tracks you would have to update the server content and then restart the server manager and for some reason, I could never figure out why some of the fonts for the cars were so small I could not read them. But many thanks to you and @Jempy setting up a server is a breeze now and I will give the day-night cycle a try myself this weekend.

Reactions: kawallito