how to see lap times in practice mode

To the best of my knowledge, you simply cannot. The same holds true for a race session as well. Only the fastest lap is visible. Outside the scope of anything to do with actual driving, this is probably the biggest current fault of the entire title for me personally. I’m pretty sure you can get timing info for all laps with third party telemetry tools but I simply don’t feel any of us should need to rely on those solutions for fundamental timing information.

I finally got around to trying the HUD display and it’s really not very useful at all. Not only doyou effectively have to stop on track as mentioned (because the HUD disappears when you press pause), the display itself doesn’t even show sector times which can be pretty important, IMO.

One of the the options gives you lap info like what your previous lap times were and I believe the top one is the best lap. Just cycle HUD option to the one that shows your tires and your lap times should be at the bottom. As for after the session, you would have to get a 3rd party app for that.

Could it be a way to sidestep this bummer to use the "practice" part of a normal race as practice?
I mean eventhough I very seldom has started AMS2 in race mode (because of my TT focus) then I guess that the physics in this pre race mode is close to practice.
Just thinking :D

EDIT: To clear this post a bit up then I think I remember than in pre-race "practice" its possible to check all laps times. Or am I wrong?:laugh:

Last edited:
I think this could be the worst sidestep of a thread I have ever seen - my good man.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: If you have ever watched a REAL eclipse then you will probably not waste your time watching the moon becomming slightly red. :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back