How to Save All Settings Before Re-Installing AC?

I've been having trouble getting the "High Force" Mod Track to work on my system. In this thread, Post #151, it's suggested to completely uninstall AC, then re-install it from Steam again in order to get this mod to work.

I'd like to try this, but need some guidance. I have quite a number of mod cars and tracks (some paid DLC, some free), and I use Custom Shader Patch and .Sol (but not their latest versions). I also use Content Mgr for launching. And I have a number of car/track combo presets saved.

With this configuration, exactly what folders/files do I need to back up before uninstalling, and how do I do it?

Thanks!
Bert

The three folders I would save:

1.) In your Documents folder, save the 'Assetto Corsa' directory. Things like car setups, your CSP settings, etc. are stored here.

2.) Under c:\users\'Username'\appdata\local\, save the 'AcTools Content Manager' folder. Things related to Content Manager, like presets you've created, are stored here.

3.) Under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\, save the 'assettocorsa' folder. This one is optional I believe since you are doing a fresh install, but it would be a good idea just in case the reinstall doesn't fix your problem. You could then restore all 3 of the folders you backed up and have things back to the way you had them before the reinstall. That's why I suggest you back this one up as well.

Personally, I make backups of all three of these folders on a regualr basis just in case a mod or something screws up the game. Then I can get things back to normal quickly and easily.

When I reinstall AC, I saved only all the directory "assetto corsa" in document and the directory MODS in "assetto corsa" in Steam. I use CM but I don't modify it. So after download on Steam, I copy and past the preset for controllers from AC/document.
I use jsgme to install CSP and SOL and all the app I need. I launch the game once to create all the files in AC/document then I go hack go CM and I config from scratch all what I need. The preset of controllers are présent in CM since I already copy the files from "document" I reinstall my MODS with jsgme, copy my personnal best and only this kind off file from my backup to avoid to copy the cause off the crash (it can be in the settings).
After that all was good.

Sorry for my poor english , I Hope that work for you.

TBH - I ended up NOT having to do any uninstalling and re-installing of AC since I finally got the High Force mod to work simply by updating Sol and Custom Shaders Patch.
With any mod, there's never a need to go to extreme of re-installing the game. 9 out 10 times, the user forgets to install an add-on shader in the system folder. Updating CSP does help sometimes, as Ilja will include add-on shaders in his builds.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%