How To Run Assetto Corsa Competizione In VR With Decent FPS, Decent Graphics & No Floating Cars

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
This is inteneded to help anyone struggling with running ACC in VR and should eliminate problems such as floating cars (weather you are on a high or low end PC)

Hopefully this will be helpful for new users.

If you are a veteran user and have already figured this out there may still be something helpful especially if you are running a very demanding VR headset (such as I use)

(I do apoligise if this has already been covered, but my intention is just to give an easy guide to help VR users enjoyment of this sim, who may for one reason or another not have the time to go through all of the various settings themselves)

Hope its of use to someone!

Also please post any soloutions you have found that help with running ACC in VR, be it to do with the program itself or hardware tweaks, Steam VR tweaks etc.
;) you mean like the ones in this 59 page thread?

Last edited:
;) you mean like the ones in this 59 page thread?
Yeah I knew about that. thought this just make for a quick and easy (cover all base's) guide for newcomers to the sim, rather than having to sift pages and pages of posts most of which would only refer to maybe one specific aspect of the graphics like wether or not to use ADV Sharpen filter, and stuff like that. 59 pages may be a bit daunting prospect. Anyways what did you think, and anything to add?

I might actually go have a trawl through that thread myself, see if theres anything i've missed that could be included, especially hardware wise. Be interesting to know what results folks are getting with different HD's seeing as there's quite a variety of different types on the market now

Wow thank you for those settings - I deleted the game ages ago because I just couldn't live with the crappy VR experience but I decided to give it another go this week and thought I had figured out some good settings but yours are a cut above. And I haven't even tweaked it from your base setting yet :)

Wow thank you for those settings - I deleted the game ages ago because I just couldn't live with the crappy VR experience but I decided to give it another go this week and thought I had figured out some good settings but yours are a cut above. And I haven't even tweaked it from your base setting yet :)
Mate that is awsome, well chuffed it has enabled you to enjoy the sim again, cause its a great one!

So I played around with it using your basic ideas with the resolution and VR pixel density and came up with what was better for me on my system which is just a GTX1080 and i5-8600K with 16gb RAM.

It is so smooth with these settings and the car right in front is crystal clear - only the cars of in the distance are blurry but still better than ever before.

This is what I ended up with that made an obvious improvement in the quality/resolution of the image, the smoothness / FPS

Resolution : 60%
AA : Off
FSR : Off
VR Pixel Density : 200
Temporal Upsampling : Disabled
Car LOD : 100%
Advanced Sharpen Filter : Disabled
Sharpness : 100%

Then I could set these up higher :
View Distance : Epic
Shadows : Epic
Shadow Distance : Epic
Contact Shadows : Disabled

But these either did nothing or adversely affected it :
Effects : Low
Post Processing : Low
Foliage : Low
Texture : Low

This I set low just because it didn't make any difference as you only need to see the cars behind you :
Mirror Quality : Low
Mirror Distance 250m (need to see cars sneaking up)
Mirror Frame Rate : 30fps
Mirror Resolution : Low

And with this setting it was still super smooth :
Opponents : All

Anything else is personal preference or didn't seem to do much.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years