ARCA Sim Racing

:bump:

After yesterdays race a good reminder how to do a proper restart, cause yesterday not all restarts were flawless....

Here a short round up:

When safetycar goes out, leader needs to set a pace of 70MPH/110KMH and everybody behind needs to bunch up. When green flag drops the leader floors the throttle :)

• Jeff Johnstone

:bump:

After yesterdays race a good reminder how to do a proper restart, cause yesterday not all restarts were flawless....

Here a short round up:

When safetycar goes out, leader needs to set a pace of 70MPH/110KMH and everybody behind needs to bunch up. When green flag drops the leader floors the throttle :)
Ok then.
we are all at the behest of the leader as such for pace.

And I wont take it personally, but just to be sure as I'm new, did I do anything wrong? best to know so I can fix it.

thanks
Jeff

Ok then.
we are all at the behest of the leader as such for pace.

And I wont take it personally, but just to be sure as I'm new, did I do anything wrong? best to know so I can fix it.

So far ive seen regarding restarts: no :)

But there some guys yesterday not bunching up enough and accelerating before green, which means a unfair advantage on the guys infront doing so. In one case yesterday, in which i was involved, the guy behind me kept a lot of distance and clearly went on the throttle much earlier then i could do which meant he was catching up fast to turn 1. This even resulted in a crash in turn 1 cause we were 3 wide and with me in the middle going just a bit high, i couldn't avoid the guy on the outside, which resulted in him spinning into the wall :S

Situations like this can be prevented if we keep to the rules.

• Bert Van Waes

I really wasn't up to pace yesterday. I was a constant 0.2 secs slower then almost the whole rest of the field. :)
Great fun and race. I had quite some laughs with Bjorn and his superman starts...

I think we need to retalk about this then. because Bjorn and i on TS didn't saw the problem on TS.

SO:
The moment the guys yells in OUR ears, GREEN GREEN GREEN!!!!

What do we do?:

- wait for the first one to accelerate?
- Or go for it ourselfs when we pass the finish line?
- we can go for it earlier on the outside?
- when can we actually go full throttle?

I'm sure we talked about holding a pace (the first one) and when the guy yells GREEN GREEN GREEN he then can choose to gun it or not. He has this choice until we pass the finish line?

...We need an official rulebook...

When i was at the front yesterday:

I hold the speed around 100 km/h, that is 20 more then the pacecar was doing. I kept it there and maybe was climbing 3 km/h in total until i heard green... Then i gunned it.
From what i knew this was ok to do, because i'm the first one. But seeing i was flying away i lifted off for a sec on the straight... Only to get passed in two turns by almost the whole field.

So my question to you guys:

What do you exactly mean with "check yr restart"? :skywalker:

(Sorry for being the difficult one but this really needs to clear out...)

PS: Where are the others, Xosé, Bram, Roy, Steven...????

actually when it says green green green it is everyone for itself,
BUT
- it is not allowed to on the inside (left side) of the car before the start-finish line or you will get a penalty (but it is allowed to pass on the outside, so normally that is why you see leaders that knows this going up so high..to defend that position) and
- every driver should be bunch up behind the leader before the green flag drops, and not .5 to 1 sec behind.

Monday September 21 2009 @ Nashville

xeh5hd.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Track: Nashville
Day/Night: Day to night (5x timescaled)
Practice: 19:00 GMT
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (4 laps)
Warmup: 19:40 GMT
Race: 19:45 GMT (90 laps)

Notes:
  • Click here to read the password and golden rules!
  • NEW: Skinpack installed on the server. Courtesy of Gareth. Please download the skinpack here & the hot fix here to avoid any problems.
  • Track choice by Ingemar Petersson for winning the Kentucky event!

1. Patrick van Driel
  2. Bjorn de Haas
  3. Ingemar Petersson
  4. Maurice Hurkmans
  5. Eric Martel
  6. Gerard van Langevelde
  7. Jeff Johnstone
  8. Javier Roy
  9. Lars Strijdonck
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver