How to remove Norton applications from your PC

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Have been trying to uninstall an expired Norton Internet Security application on my dad's PC yesterday and that turned out to be an interesting experience. If you don't have the registration account details anymore its impossible to remove the software from your PC.

You can disable the software and install a second antivirus software next to it but that will give problems because Norton's live monitor keeps running on the background all the time (go away, leave me alone!)

Did some searching and it seems that Norton itself came up with the solution. You can download a Norton uninstaller that completely clears all Norton applications from your PC.

Click here to download the tool

Try to remove it in safe mode.

Boot the pc with F8 during boot, select safe mode.

Then go to Computer-manage-services and applications-services.
Try to find the Norton services and if they are started stop them and disable them.

Start taskmanager and kill all Norton processes.

You can also start msconfig directly from run. Here you see the services also and you can disable them too, you also can see all programs that will be started, you can disable them too and reboot.

After all these actions you should be able to remove all Norton ****, i really hate Norton actually, the only application i ever liked was Norton Commander from the good old DOS period.

• Darren Gardner

if you want to uninstall progams there is a free program called revo unistaller, it is a really good free software there is also a hunter mode which gets deep into your hard drive finding files which you never knew you had.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Give it a try and find out for yourself.

Regards

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing