How to read the F3 during race and using the clutch

Hi guys,
I'm still driving Nvidia cup getting laps in. Tonight was my best effort yet, start 8th finish 4th...Mind you only 3 other drivers in the race had an irating but all the same it was a challenge for me.

2 things that have me wondering:

On my F3 readout during the race some drivers names get highlighted in colors. I can't find explanation yet, but I assume BLUE is a driver a lap down and I think I have seen RED which I suppose means lead lap cars?

also

I watched a video tonight of a fella going around the short Okayama track. He was quite quick but his shifting was strange. No clutch at all on the downshifts and a very smooth upshift. I have tried auto clutch, normal clutch, auto clutch/auto blip and have had no luck achieving the smoothness of his shifts. He claims he uses rev matching...

Thoughts?

Also if you remember my brake issues, I went to an Autoparts place today but the exhaust hanger was not like th eone in the mod that was recommended. I'll keep looking.

Yes, blue means they are getting lapped. Red means that they are about to lap you or have lapped you. I think ALOT of peole drive the cars no where near what they would in real life if they had to pay for it. What I mean is having full throtle while pressing the clutch to shift keeping it full throtle. The engine/transmission/clutch would be toasted in no time I would think. The difference in this and real life is they don't have to fix or pay for anything. In that video I can't really tell what he's doing as far as all of that is concerned. He may be shifting fast enough that it just seems like one movement. So that I'm not sure, as it doesn't sound as if he is hitting the Rev limiter. This could be a case of really good equipment or he is just that good...lol...

On the MX5 make sure to untick the Auto-Blip and Auto-Clutch. You need to shortly and swiftly hit the clutch on upshifts to make shifting possible. Downshifts are a little harder. You have to press and hold your downshift button or stick, then shortly hit the throttle to rev a bit (blip) and then release the downshift button or stick. Hard to learn, but it wins you a couple of tenths.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back