How to: re-activate rFactor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
I formatted my pc last weekend. Now i am installing back rFactor on my pc. Where do i drop the trymedia license key? Cant find it where to put it in the demo! Help

Hi!
When you start the Rfactor new windows opens.
Says something like->Start free trial of Rfactor...

In a lower right corner there is a text->Allready paid ?. Click here

Click it and new windows opens->Renew License

Fill the empty paces (e-mail, code...) and choose the reason for renewal and click->Renew license

This how it works on my version

Edited for more information:
Next time do this to avoid activation->http://forum.rscnet.org/showpost.php?p=2680343&postcount=1

I might be simple but it is AGAIN not working for me... reinstalled rfactor today. upgraded to 1255 after installing and dropped the trymedia map back on the harddrive including the license and still i get the trial screen every time i start the game.

What am i doing wrong here?

Yep i did that too Marcel. And now i backed up this code again on my other drive.
But this spoils all the fun for me with rfactor. Always have to do 30 steps before my race gets going online :(

Bram Hengeveld said:
Yep i did that too Marcel. And now i backed up this code again on my other drive.
But this spoils all the fun for me with rfactor. Always have to do 30 steps before my race gets going online :(

Yes i know, although this is the first time i needed to do this and i change a lot of hardware every year. I hope i can use the fast method now for another 3 years.

trymedia sucks

Trymedia sucks their support is lousy when the can't sort a problem they pass it off as either your fault or your computers at fault as long as they dont admit their at fault.
I realy fancied ago at the megane endurance race to night but their servers are running 1255 which i'm totaly unable to relicense because yahoo downloadable games is intercepting my relicensing page.
and what do trymedia have to say? "your computer must have trojan on it somewhere".
I have since totally reinstalled windows from a clean boot, installed the game, and run the relicensing and it still lads that damn yahoo page. the result is its left me stuck on1250.
Does anybody know what i can do about it?????????:angry:

I don't use bloody yahoo iv'e never used and won't even entertain it on my system in any way shape or form that's what i'm trying to tell you. it's high-jacked my relicensing page so i can.t activate my license.
Ive Tried Every Bughunter and anti trojan and antivirus going and they all say theres nothing covert on my system.

Maybe retrieving it from another pc might help. But did you contact rfactor directly? Most of the times they help you out as fast as they can with re-licensing

yes i have and they say the problem is at my end.
the thing is in order to keep up with the newer games i frequently upgrade certain items on my computer so often have to renew my license the trouble is my previous backed up trymedia folders no longer work.
what they could realy do with is a system similar to steam, and we wouldnt have to go through this malarkey every time we make a change to our system hardware.

The hard drive was deleted, (because it was a Split partition) repartitioned as one drive afull format and windows re-installed.??????????
That's what's got me so frustrated.
how the hell is this thing hijacking my relicense page.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%