How to prevent hands on wheel (in the game) going crazy?

When I am playing Assetto Corsa on pretty much any car or car mod, if i am going around a tight corner, the hands on the steering wheel in the game screen (not my own hands) get all confused. They look nuts, going all over the place. Sometimes, if a shift needs to happen, one hand will go to the shifter and the other will literally let go of the steering wheel, thus going around a hairpin and NO HANDS AT ALL are on the steering wheel for a few seconds. I want to share videos with others of what i am doing in sim racing, and i don't want them to see the hands looking nuts and unrealistic.

Any ideas how to fix this? Does everyone just live with this?

Thanks
Randy

Just a thing you live with or disable driver hands... AC's about the best of any sim in this regard though (forza/gt just animate 90 degrees of steering on every car, iracing has no driver, etc.)

Ugh...want the hands viewable as it looks silly without them
I suppose you could move the view up some so that you don't see them, but that stinks, i want it to look like it should from the cockpit view that you would have when driving the car, especially in replays that i post online or something.
So, other games are actually worse? I haven't used any other games yet.

Ugh...want the hands viewable as it looks silly without them
I suppose you could move the view up some so that you don't see them, but that stinks, i want it to look like it should from the cockpit view that you would have when driving the car, especially in replays that i post online or something.
So, other games are actually worse? I haven't used any other games yet.

Surely, there is a way to fix this i would think

Surely, there is a way to fix this i would think
Making a steering animation is a rather labour intensive thing, if you want it to be perfect you have to keyframe it in many small steps. And it become especially hard around the changeover points, at which the supplied steering animation rig gets hilariously bad. But for a typical race car you rarely reach those steering wheel inputs anyway, so most don't bother. For drift cars where you use all steering lock it would make sense, but it's down to maker of the car mod to make these animations.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%