How to order mod cars when selecting in-game?

Shovas

Premium
I've installed a lot of mods on one particular instance and I realize now that they're not in alphabetical order, as far as I tell.

Is there a way to order them? I mean the series (categories) not the car models themselves which I know you can order in the GDB any way you want.

I guess at least it would be going by the alphanumeric order of the SIM_*.gdb file names?

Last edited:
I guess at least it would be going by the alphanumeric order of the SIM_*.gdb file names?

Yes.

I have Windows set to sort my folders by Name + Ascending and GTR2 loads the Series in that order. Even if they are not in alphabetical order in the GameData folder, GTR2 loads them in alphabetical order in the Class Menu.

The issue is with the SIM_XXXXXXX.gdb file being one name and the "Game Name" in that gdb file being another.

I had many mods where the two didn't match which made for the different Classes being out of alphabetical order so I just edited the names so that both are the same.

Example:

SIM_CAYMAN_S_CUP.gdb --> Game Name: Porsche Cayman S Cup ---- This grouped the Class with other "C" names and not "P".
SIM_PORSCHE_CAYMAN_S_CUP.gdb --> Game Name: Porsche Cayman S Cup ---- Now the Porsche is with other "P" class Names.

If you do edit any file names make sure to check the SIM_XXXXXXX.txt file and change the name of the image file to match.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing