How to modify the cockpit-cams?

Which files do I have to open and how do I have to modify them,
to change the "seat-position" for a better cockpit-cam?

I would like to have it a bit more closer to the steering-wheel (but not just the fov).

Of course I can upload my modifications as well then, if you like.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the tip. BinXML was the key to success.

All I changed was the "fov" and the "position" (that's actually how it's called now).

I'll have a look on other cars and then I'll upload my tweaks for those who like them as well.

Thanks for the tip. BinXML was the key to success.

All I changed was the "fov" and the "position" (that's actually how it's called now).

I'll have a look on other cars and then I'll upload my tweaks for those who like them as well.

I also think the cockpit cam should be closer to the steering wheel. Looking forward to your mod :)

Hey, I want to completely remove the little look at apex effect we have in game. Someone can point me to the right direction? Thanks.

Checking the the cameras.file, there is a lot of things to change... I know how to edit the file, just don't know what to change.

While I was thinking about it, I made this:

Unlocked all the onboard cameras for replays. It works in game too, but I don't think you will want to drive with those cameras. :)

Hey, I want to completely remove the little look at apex effect we have in game. Someone can point me to the right direction? Thanks.

Checking the the cameras.file, there is a lot of things to change... I know how to edit the file, just don't know what to change.

While I was thinking about it, I made this:

Unlocked all the onboard cameras for replays. It works in game too, but I don't think you will want to drive with those cameras. :)

Good stuff mate! :thumbsup:

Here's how to do it (C/P from your post at CM.com).

Every car has his own folder with his own cameras.xml file. So the changes will affect that car. You can't use the same cameras file for all cars, they are different.

Using notepad, replace all the hidden="true" you find with hidden="false"

Sincerly the first cockpit cam in my cam pack is without any look to apex thats why ive called it static also. Cannot edit the first post to change it but you may give it a try.

Ok, I found your thread and your pack modmate. I'll try it...
I'll check what you made and try to only make it static, without changing anything else...
Well, of course if you can tell me what makes it static it would be awesome. :)

I found the lines I have to change to make my cockpit cam static. I just set the Limits to 0.

I'm new here, I don't know if I should make a new topic for this and for how unlock all the onboard cams or just leave it here as it is.

<View type="Head" ident="head-cam" ...>
<CorneringForces>
<Parameter name="enabled" type="bool" value="true" />
<Parameter name="rollLimitInDegrees" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="rollSmoothingScale0To1" type="scalar" value="0.5000" />
<Parameter name="yawLimitInDegrees" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="yawSmoothingScale0To1" type="scalar" value="0.4970" />

Usually that needs to be in the Modquestions subforum wich is a sticky.
Since you just look what we changed while comparing it i would leave all that like it is and maybe go for a own mod cam or package in a separate thread if you are ready.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%