How to modify class (LMP2->DPI for instance)?

Hello
I have a question regarding recent S397 nice mods (endurance and GT3) :
Thanks to talented skinners, some of Daytona 24hrs 2018 grid is available. In order to improve realism I want to change their class to DPI, GTLM and GTD.
Which file/line should I modify to change class (I mean racing class) of a car?
I modified some lines in rcd files, without any success.
They still appear in game as LMP2, GTE and GT3.

So, I suspect these information are in encrypted files....

Adding the line Classes = DPI as an example to the rcd file should work. You'll see a new entry called DPI in the opponents filter which will include all the cars for which you added that line. Just make sure that class doesn't exist yet in game.

Just a warning tho, from experience I can tell you that if you are using talent in your rcd files (aggression, speed, etc....) the game will omit these values if you add the Classes line, reason why I don't use it anymore, but if you're not, it should work just fine.

If that's the case, better to create a unique one such as Classes = DPI 2019
Not sure what would happen if you use an existing one but I assume it wouldn't work, but my warning regarding talent still stands.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. In race screen, all cars still appear as LMP2, GTE, and GT3.
So, for sure it's in another file.
Since most of files of these mods are encrypted, I checked content of Simtek GT3 mod that is more open. In a file (I forgot which one) of "car name_MAIN.mas" folder, I found a line "Class override=car name". Indeed, in game, class of this car appears as "car name" . So, this line might play an interesting role.
I tried to modify it but I probably missed something while packing and I couldn't see cars of this "new mod" in game. So, I don't know if class in game is defined by this line or not. :mad:

The method I mentioned works with virtual rides, I used to do it myself....not sure if that's what you're trying to do.
If you're trying to create a package I can't help as it'd have to be done differently and I haven't tried that myself.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%