TT Isle of Man - The Game

I've got some superbike physics now that I quite like with one exception; the linear damping value I am using for a drag effect resets when you crash. I've got more realistic acceleration but if you crash it goes back to how it was originally. Very strange and I can't figure it out at the moment.

As well as that I've got rid of the huge braking effect from releasing the throttle in the standard game which changes the feel dramatically. Ballagarey for example was a small lift before but is now light braking and back a gear (the same as real life). Really pleased with the changes but that one bug is frustrating me!

Got back into the game this week. Took me a while, but I’m back below 17’00 clean on a 600 again now. Haven’t touched a big bike yet, and tbh I just prefer riding the 600s. Been doing some fun multiplayer races as well, found a few guys who are almost the same pace as me.

That doesn't acttually bother me that much although i'd be happy to try your changes. I'm working more on stopping the bikes trying to kill me for no dam good reason when I can work that out I'll share my file in the mod sectio

That doesn't acttually bother me that much although i'd be happy to try your changes. I'm working more on stopping the bikes trying to kill me for no dam good reason when I can work that out I'll share my file in the mod sectio
I wouldn't mind it resetting with a crash if I felt crashing was predictable! I will share the file when the chances of spearing into a wall for little reason are improved. In the real TT riders need to have a feeling for the edge of control and that is missing in the game. I can ride around slowly and still crash because I can't tell where the limit is.

Yes, that's exactly what I want from the game very close with the supersport the superbike is much harder to get right though.
It's the bumps I can't quite figure out you can hit one on in the same spot once you will hit the hedge another time you won't it's almost totally random.
I think the main issue is these physics were possibly from wrc7? definitely used for a car game in the past which this isn't!

I believe it is the same physics engine as WRC 5/6/7 but I assume with modifications for bikes. I can't get a feeling of the front sliding if you push it and as you say over the bumps the front grip is unpredictable. One thing I have noticed watching onboard videos is the revs of the bike increase at the end of Sulby straight when the bike is lent over because the diameter of the tyre is less on the edge than in the center. This doesn't happen in the game and looking at the physics I think the tyre has a constant diameter all the way across. Another giveaway this is an engine for cars adapted to bikes.

After a year or so, and having a lot of fun. It's better when I havn't played anything from Milestone for a while, it's all about getting the correct lean angle and not pushing that too much IMO. I can see why so many using a wheel have a better time. Sadly the way the bike physics work when things go wrong...is still complete bunk. Low speed physics are just awful, but the fast stuff is a LOT of fun (and there's a LOT of that on the mountain course and the other tracks). Had a weird moment where I lost grip on both wheels and just slid sideways (slightly cranked over) like a 4 wheel drift but on two wheels.....looked really weird and wrong. I am PRAYING the devs realise what they did wrong in the first game and sort it out in the 2nd, because if they do it's going to be awesome.

Hi All
I was really excited to get this game and play but I can't set up my wheel and pedals. I have Thrustmaster (wheel and pedals) that work brilliantly on other games but not here!!
I have seen some others face similar issues (ie veers straight left when you accelerate etc).

I was wondering if anyone had been able to successfully set up a wheel and if so how / what setting did you use. I have installed and used the X360CE tool but when it comes to the game play it is unusable.

If anyone has any alternatives to using a wheel ie a joystick or something let me know as I really want to play!

Jon

Hi All
I was really excited to get this game and play but I can't set up my wheel and pedals. I have Thrustmaster (wheel and pedals) that work brilliantly on other games but not here!!
I have seen some others face similar issues (ie veers straight left when you accelerate etc).

I was wondering if anyone had been able to successfully set up a wheel and if so how / what setting did you use. I have installed and used the X360CE tool but when it comes to the game play it is unusable.

If anyone has any alternatives to using a wheel ie a joystick or something let me know as I really want to play!

Jon
Click on the link and look in the support section : https://www.racedepartment.com/down...-the-edge-steering-wheel-tools-g27-g25.20321/

Just posting this to confirm that this method also works for TT2. I did manage to change camera movement, position and FoV or one bike, but because each bike has it's own settings (what a mess of a game) i couldn't bother to do it in all of them and make it a complete mod.

Just posting this to confirm that this method also works for TT2. I did manage to change camera movement, position and FoV or one bike, but because each bike has it's own settings (what a mess of a game) i couldn't bother to do it in all of them and make it a complete mod.
I'm pleased to hear this. I haven't got the new game yet but when I do I might have a play around again.

Hello Orourked!
I extracted the files based on your description. (TT1)
But all files are 0 kb. What i doing wrong?

Attachments

• aaa.png
    aaa.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 94
Hello Orourked!
I extracted the files based on your description. (TT1)
But all files are 0 kb. What i doing wrong?
Just replying to say I have seen this and will have a look when I get time. It's been a long time since I touched this game so I will have to reread my own instructions to work out what is happening.

Do you think it's possible to add extra tracks to the game? I mean the tracks (20 pieces) from Motorcycle Club game made by Kylotonn as well.

Do you think it's possible to add extra tracks to the game? I mean the tracks (20 pieces) from Motorcycle Club game made by Kylotonn as well.
Maybe in theory but I really don't know. The way to find out would be trial and error. Personally I wish there was a motorcycle game with modding support along the lines of assetto corsa or rfactor.

Just replying to say I have seen this and will have a look when I get time. It's been a long time since I touched this game so I will have to reread my own instructions to work out what is happening.
Hello!
I found the solution . The WRC6 script didn't work, but the WRC7 did it wery well. Thank you for answer.

Hello!
I found the solution . The WRC6 script didn't work, but the WRC7 did it wery well. Thank you for answer.
I'm glad you got that working.

I've a look at the texture files and I think I understand what is going on. The files are in a .PTX format which can be converted to .dds using either a Noesis script or a Quickbms script called "ptx2dds", the issue is you cannot convert it back again. I believe the PTX files are because the model use PTEX painting instead of a UV map which google can explain far better than me. If the models (.P3D) can be opened then maybe it can be possible to create new skins.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%