How to Mod TT Isle of Man

orourked

10RPM
Original poster
Apr 19, 2011
I believe it is the same physics engine as WRC 5/6/7 but I assume with modifications for bikes. I can't get a feeling of the front sliding if you push it and as you say over the bumps the front grip is unpredictable. One thing I have noticed watching onboard videos is the revs of the bike increase at the end of Sulby straight when the bike is lent over because the diameter of the tyre is less on the edge than in the center. This doesn't happen in the game and looking at the physics I think the tyre has a constant diameter all the way across. Another giveaway this is an engine for cars adapted to bikes.

turbo86

250RPM
Feb 12, 2009
Just posting this to confirm that this method also works for TT2. I did manage to change camera movement, position and FoV or one bike, but because each bike has it's own settings (what a mess of a game) i couldn't bother to do it in all of them and make it a complete mod.

orourked

10RPM
Original poster
Apr 19, 2011
Just posting this to confirm that this method also works for TT2. I did manage to change camera movement, position and FoV or one bike, but because each bike has it's own settings (what a mess of a game) i couldn't bother to do it in all of them and make it a complete mod.
I'm pleased to hear this. I haven't got the new game yet but when I do I might have a play around again.

TibuszHun

25RPM
Dec 19, 2016
Hello Orourked!
I extracted the files based on your description. (TT1)
But all files are 0 kb. What i doing wrong?

Attachments

orourked

10RPM
Original poster
Apr 19, 2011
Hello Orourked!
I extracted the files based on your description. (TT1)
But all files are 0 kb. What i doing wrong?
Just replying to say I have seen this and will have a look when I get time. It's been a long time since I touched this game so I will have to reread my own instructions to work out what is happening.

Gadjo

1RPM
Nov 4, 2015
Do you think it's possible to add extra tracks to the game? I mean the tracks (20 pieces) from Motorcycle Club game made by Kylotonn as well.

orourked

10RPM
Original poster
Apr 19, 2011
Do you think it's possible to add extra tracks to the game? I mean the tracks (20 pieces) from Motorcycle Club game made by Kylotonn as well.
Maybe in theory but I really don't know. The way to find out would be trial and error. Personally I wish there was a motorcycle game with modding support along the lines of assetto corsa or rfactor.

TibuszHun

25RPM
Dec 19, 2016
Just replying to say I have seen this and will have a look when I get time. It's been a long time since I touched this game so I will have to reread my own instructions to work out what is happening.
Hello!
I found the solution . The WRC6 script didn't work, but the WRC7 did it wery well. Thank you for answer.

orourked

10RPM
Original poster
Apr 19, 2011
Hello!
I found the solution . The WRC6 script didn't work, but the WRC7 did it wery well. Thank you for answer.
I'm glad you got that working.

I've a look at the texture files and I think I understand what is going on. The files are in a .PTX format which can be converted to .dds using either a Noesis script or a Quickbms script called "ptx2dds", the issue is you cannot convert it back again. I believe the PTX files are because the model use PTEX painting instead of a UV map which google can explain far better than me. If the models (.P3D) can be opened then maybe it can be possible to create new skins.

L.sven

1RPM
Jul 9, 2020
Has anyone figured out how to get the bike to slide when accelerating? I've tried to adjust all sorts of values like "Tarmac Friction", "Tarmac value", "Wheel Grip Curve", "Tire friction multiplier", "Rear slip Bias".

Let me know if someone figures it out.

Stig Bidstrup

Jarek says " 900 degrees of rotation "
Premium
Sep 7, 2013
Has anyone figured out how to get the bike to slide when accelerating? I've tried to adjust all sorts of values like "Tarmac Friction", "Tarmac value", "Wheel Grip Curve", "Tire friction multiplier", "Rear slip Bias".

Let me know if someone figures it out.
Move forward ( your body ) on the bike-- it will slide..

L.sven

1RPM
Jul 9, 2020
Move forward ( your body ) on the bike-- it will slide..
Oh haven’t noticed that. Although I was mostly thinking about the rear losing grip while accelerating in corner like in real life. Turning a alot and moving forward will be difficult.

Daleevans

1RPM
May 29, 2020
Thankyou for the guide on how to do this, glad to see the modding community isnt dead.
Been trying all year to get into Dirt 2.0 using BMS. Can unpack everything but cannot get the game to run unpacked.
You give me hope

Last edited: