How to MOD ! (Links & ref)

Rename your data.acd file. AC prioritizes that file over the data folder. That's the only reason AC wouldn't "read" the file.

If that's not the problem, then whatever you're editing in tyres.ini isn't what you think it is.
ive taken another look, and the .acd file isnt even in the cars folder.

also, in the tyres.ini file, i am changing the width value, for instance WIDTH=235

Are you trying to make the tyres visually wider? Then you need to edit the kn5's, not the ini's.
im trying to make the car both visually wider and wider as in more grip (although i dont really care about visuals)

or is there another way around more grip other than tire width? like a friction value?

Last edited:
im trying to make the car both visually wider and wider as in more grip (although i dont really care about visuals)

or is there another way around more grip other than tire width? like a friction value?

Yeah, that'll be the issue then. WIDTH really just controls the width of the skidmarks the tires leave. Adjusting the grip/load sensitivity/falloff/flex for a wider tire requires tweaking a lot of other numbers, and any visual adjustment has to be done in the 3d.

It may be easier to find a set of tires more to your liking in another car and copy/paste those in. Kunos was always OK with us borrowing their tire code, FWIW, they even made it available in the sdk folder. Perfectly OK to do. (Even if it may not always be the most realistic option, it sure is the most accessible.)

Hello everyone, i'm new in the community, i really would like to understand how can i change the top speed of a car and the HP, can someone help me with that?

Hello, I'm looking into expanding the amount of pit boxes/starting grids for some of my favorite tracks, as some don't have enough to replicate the entire starting grid. Just not really sure which tutorials I should look into here. Thanks!

Hello, I'm looking into expanding the amount of pit boxes/starting grids for some of my favorite tracks, as some don't have enough to replicate the entire starting grid. Just not really sure which tutorials I should look into here. Thanks!
it seems to be an unsanswered question everywhere i searched.

Only way i know is using a 3D software (such as 3Dsmax, or blender) to create and place new spawn points where you want them, and export a new layout_xxxx.kn5 to load that new layout in game
Not sure if it's doable with 3dsimEd (which seems to have become the go-to software for modding)

it seems to be an unsanswered question everywhere i searched.

Only way i know is using a 3D software (such as 3Dsmax, or blender) to create and place new spawn points where you want them, and export a new layout_xxxx.kn5 to load that new layout in game
Not sure if it's doable with 3dsimEd (which seems to have become the go-to software for modding)
Correct. Spawnpoints for the racestart, pitboxes and the hotlap spawn are just cube objects placed and named correctly. If the track creator exported these in a separate .kn5 file then it's easy. Just add your own spawnpoints, export as .kn5 and load it in a new layout. If everything is in a single .kn5 file then it's harder as you'd have to decompile and recompile the track to remove the old spawnpoints. Still possible but more work.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%