How to migrate ETS2 to Steam?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
I have bought the downloadable version of Euro Truck Simulator 2 at release and at that time the game wasn't out Steam yet.

Is there a way to migrate the game to Steam? If so how would I do that?

Bram Hengeveld -

Dont know where you'd find it yourself on your pc but I'm sure its there somewhere - but I guess if you email support@eurotrucksimulator2.com with your activation.scb stored in Documents >Euro Truck Simulator 2, explaining that you DO NOT need activation but the code to put into Steam, which you have lost they should be able to help - unless anyone understands .scb files and can tell you how to open them without publishing to the internet as unless I'm getting it wrong that seems a bit risky with your product code and windows specific data (none personally identifiable) which the .scb file holds.

reference for all the above from reading this page (note - you don't want activation so I didn't use the activation email addy)
http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/support.php

If I might just say, as a person who bought ETS2 on steam... I rely on the non-steam version owners to test the new patches in general and also they are used as a warning when an update will drop so I have time to disable my mods before it updates automatically and breaks my save. :p

So, thank you to the non-steam owners. :)

If I might just say, as a person who bought ETS2 on steam... I rely on the non-steam version owners to test the new patches in general and also they are used as a warning when an update will drop so I have time to disable my mods before it updates automatically and breaks my save. :p

So, thank you to the non-steam owners. :)

You could just disable automatic updates for the game, until you are happy to update, then disable it again afterwards. No risk to your mods then.

Right Click on the game in Steam > Select Properties > Updates Tab > Change 'Always keep my game up to date' to 'Do not automatically update this game'

:)

I do disable automatic updates for steam games, but for the reason of having limited bandwidth per month at home.

The problem is that Steam tries to update when you launch the game unless you set steam to offline mode. Offline mode does not last forever either.

I actually would not really mind migrating my steam copy to a retail one, but steam is not listing a cd-key for ETS2 like it does for some other games.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%