How to make Fly camera looks smooth?

Hi~ all of RD members :wink:
this is my video of using free Fly camera option.

However, as you see the Zoom in/out and following car with mouse tracking,
Recording with Fly camera is difficult for me by keyboard in my case.

Is there any way to make it smooth or easy to following car?

Thanks....but still the movement of Up/down/Left/Right with mouse is not smooth at all.
also I can only map my pedal for foward/backward, still ca't map wheel for someting...though.

OK allow me to interject to the dismay of Mr. HErrmann. LOL

I use a Flight stick for my cam work. It's beautifully smooth for flying the cam. and variable in speed aas well. Push the stick forwarda little and it moves slowly. Jam it forward and it goes fast! the problem becomes when ou have to move the mous to keep something in view. I use a logitech optical mouse while I move the flight stick to track . I am currently working on getting the "hat button" on the flight stick progreammed to replace the mouse control. OH Man than it's be PERFECT!

Here's a recent video I did with this setup. I also have a preset control setup in the conrol settings in the game manu I just slect and off I go using the flightstick all mapped out!

http://www.trackdevil.com/watch/ac7b024b47d672445a08/ATCC-S2-Round-5-recap

http://americantcc.net/media/
if you like a full HD version on your default player in widescreen then go here. BUt if you are not fast buffering than this file will kill you since its almost 800Mb!
select Cadwell for latest vid. Also you can chak out some of my otehr movies here as well.

NOt sure if I was the first one to accomplish this at RD but I think I have put a new wrinkle on the movie side.

Enjoy and hope this helped!

I am currently working on getting the "hat button" on the flight stick progreammed to replace the mouse control. OH Man than it's be PERFECT!
How about ' Logitech extreme 3D pro ' is it good for the Hat Button programing instead of using mouse?

Ok a little 'off topic' here but the comments about the flight stick brought back some thoughts and questions from ages ago ;

I was wondering, for the computer whizzes out there - is it feasible to use the cameras on free view to somehow create an in game helicopter? This could be useful for the RDTV broadcasts, as in real life TV from helicopters is used regularly - if your really a whizz please make it a helicopter gunship and make it so we can damage the cars! Then Ross' last man standing ideas and cat n mouse games could get really interesting! This came from an idea I had ages ago of combining the Race Series with the Battlefield Series but thats just my over active imagination...

HI ~:)

The answer is simple, the guy who gave me an answer is worknig for Simbin.
He told to me to tweak .PLR file( in my documents folder) like this....almost th end of .PLR file

CAMED_MOUSE_ROTATION_RELATIVE="0" //
How mouse movements are translated to rotations: 0 = mouse acts like a mouse, 1 = mouse acts like a joystick.
(the "0" to "1" <------- this gives you more smooth tarcking like joystick movement)

and this is his Video using fly cam...Plz watch it:D

Hi guys.

I am at the location you specify Dave, but when I try to open my .PLR file, I can't open it.
Is there a certain program that I must use to open this file to tweak the flycam settings?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%