How to make existing cars stand alone?

Hello.

I have the Steam version of GTR Evolution.
I'd like to take a existing car (like ViperCC) and make it stand alone to change its weight and engine.
I extracted already all the ViperCC files from the Steam container, but I don't know what to do, to get this altered ViperCC visible in the menu. Just copying the data in ...\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\race 07\Gamedata\Teams is obviously not enough.
Can someone help me, please?

Sry for my english.

Regards,
Madkiller

Try the Mod forum... but since I'm at it, I would get a MOD and see how they go about it. Than do the same but with the Viper data... as for the class, use a different name.... but go into the MOD forum.

Thanks for moving this thread to the Mods forum.

Yes, I have a Mod from a modified Koenigsegg und compared this data against the original Koenigsegg. But since I don't know where to look, i could'n find anything.
If I just would know, whitch files to alter, this would be a great help.

in your extracted version:

edit the .inccar top section to look like this

Code:
Make=\"Dodge\"
Description=\"VIPER COMPETITION COUPE 2010\"
Engine=\"VIPER COMPETITION COUPE 2010\"
Manufacturer=\"DODGE\"
classes=\"FULL,GT_CLUB\"
classID=19
Model=\"Dodge Viper CC 2010\"
ModelID=102

Horsepower=525
HorsepowerRpm=6500
Torque=764
TorqueRpm=4500
Weight=1340
RearWheelDrive=1
Transmission=6_SPD_SEQ
EngineVolume=8245
Valves=20
Engine=V10

HDVehicle=VIPER_CC_2010.hdc
Graphics=VIPER_CC_2010.cas
Sounds=VIPER_CC_2010.aud
HeadPhysics=headphysics.hed
CameraFile=VIPER_CC_2010.cam
next, rename all the files that are not gmt's or textures to VIPER_CC_2010.xxx

next, edit the .car so that it looks at VIPER_CC_2010.inccar + give it a new race number, driver name and also rename the textures to start with the same race number as used in the .car... the race number must be 5 to 7 chars long...

next, open the .hdc edit all the callup file names to VIPER_CC_2010.xxx

next, edit the .cas so that it looks in the correct place for the files...

that should do it...

Thank you very mutch. I've searched long for this. Really great!

So, i got it working.
I'm curios about two things:

Is all the renaming (execpt of editing the first block of .inccar, .car and .cas) really necessary? Im just asking, becaus a GT Mod has the the DB9R in it, und this car works with all files with original naming.
But of course, it works this way, so im certainly not complaining. :)
The other thing... its not this important but nice to know:
I have now no driver animations, and more important no cockpitwiper.
Could you please help me with that?

Have an nice weekend.

I assume that you used wtcced.exe to decrypt the files after extracting them from the gcf'. right.... If so, use wtcced again on the files that end in .fxa .fxm as these are no encrypted in the first place...

Also, if you are refering to the DBR9 on the FIA GT 2008 mod.... it isn't fully working and part of the problem is related to the file naming...

And with regards to searching a long time for this info.... you won't find it, you need to learn it from scratch as I did mostly, or be told by someone that has worked it out which happened for me also in the early days...

Now I have even functioning wipers and animations. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help. I can imagine the time you had to invest in this.
Now I can finally practise for my championship with a weight penalty system up to 150kg! offline.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.4%