MGP15 How to make custom number?

Hi guys, can any of the moders please make some kind of video tutorial how to make custom numbers in Photoshop? ... I have some experience in that program but I've never done this kind of stuff in it.

Making a custom number is fairly easy, however you need Photoshop with a DDS plugin OR as @Giovaneveterano has mentioned Paint.net, which opens DDS files without any plugins.

You will also need the MixFile Remixer in order to put your modded files back into the game.
  1. Unpack GFX.MIX
  2. Make a BACKUP of the original GFX.MIX
  3. Open GFX > CUSNUMBERS > PICTURES
  4. Locate the number you want to replace (every available custom number in every available style has its own file)
  5. Open the file of the number you want to replace (e.g. CUS_NUMBER016_ALT003_BASE.DDS)
  6. Paint or insert your custom number in a new layer on top of the original number
  7. Make sure you have adjusted the Alpha channel of the file as well; your number should appear as plain white in the alpha channel, everything else should be black, in order to display your number correctly in the game)
  8. Save the file as DDS (make sure you use the right type, it should be DXT3 with 8bpp and Explicit Alpha)
  9. Open the masking file of your number (e.g. CUS_NUMBER016_ALT003_MASK.DDS) and paint it ALL BLACK
  10. Save the file as DDS (make sure you use the right type, it should be DXT1 with 8bpp and No Alpha)
  11. Repack GFX.MIX using MixFile Remixer
That should be all :) If you encounter any problems, feel free to send me a PM :) Good luck!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back