How to make AC look it's absolute best?

Hey!

I'm still pretty new to Assetto Corsa and I wonder how I can get the best visual fidelity out of the game.
I have a beefy system with RTX 3080 and Ryzen 5900X so I've got plenty of horse power.

Of course I have CM/CSP enabled, but I haven't gotten into the settings much yet.
For the regular AC settings I can have pretty much everything maxed out and 1.4 VR resolution and still get rock solid 80fps on my Rift S with about 70-80% GPU usage. (in the benchmark)

So since I still have a bit of headroom (and I could easily lower some AC settings down from max without sacrificing much quality, I wonder what else I can do with that GPU budget to make the game look it's best. Are there any other mods I should know about, or any specific CSP-settings that are must have?

I realize that there are probably now overall "best" settings and that everyone might prefer/prioritize different things. But if you just could point me in the right direction as to what to try out etc.
That would be great.

Last edited:
Sol by Peter Boese is the first thing you should get- that's a weather system that has it's own PP-Filter which I think is quite good. There's also a good documentation on how to install it and the makers are generally really helpful with new members.

Also you could have a look at some special PP-Filters:
A3PP
Horizon Shades, this one comes with Content Manager Presets
and many more. Look into the Resources AC-> Misc and filter by rating, so you see the most popular Filters:)

CSP-settings that are must have?

Few things CSP wise you can try is - Enable Extra-FX and look at the options there. Activate SLR, TAA (within TAA disable extra sharpening, go to "Graphic Adjustments" and activate AMD Cas Fidelity.

These are my first to do things to significant improve the image. There are of course allot more.

Within the nvidia driver you can add 2x or 4x SSAA. Brings allot in AC.

Few things CSP wise you can try is - Enable Extra-FX and look at the options there. Activate SLR, TAA (within TAA disable extra sharpening, go to "Graphic Adjustments" and activate AMD Cas Fidelity.

These are my first to do things to significant improve the image. There are of course allot more.

Within the nvidia driver you can add 2x or 4x SSAA. Brings allot in AC.

He's playing in VR so extrafx won't make any difference.

Check out Andrew_WOT's guide for VR optimisation if you haven't already, very handy resource.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%