How to: make a track for Assetto Corsa

Hi guys I just joined to find out if there are any details about track making for Assetto Corsa yet, I've had a browse around and it seems the format will be the same/ similar to Netkar.?
Info is very thin on the ground, as are examples / tutorials, all I've manged to find are a few videos in the Italian language, which is not my native tongue, so doesn't explain very much.
Are there any technical breakdown of formats and specifications for the game anywhere, animations, gfx, effects etc? Any detailed workflows from 3DS Max to Netkar ?
I've been modding GP4 for some time now but grown tired of it's graphical limitations, so I've just started researching AC and NKP.
Assetto Corsa looks the real deal with full modding capabilities, so for me wins hands down over PCars, which is a total lockout in all departments.

Any advice would be appreciated.

btw, I have some of Melbourne, and a 80% complete Abu Dhabi, built from scratch by my own fair fingers, so I have plenty of material to work with.

The 'curve' modifier takes the curve without-shrinkwrap for some reason (Blender bug I'd say) so you need to apply the shrinkwrap before it'll line up. Since it only shrinkwraps control points, it's not perfect but it's faster than doing it fully manually.

Can you post here your settings.json ?

I did it :) But can someone tell me how i can improve my textures ? :(

fc3987a5bf4b.jpg

Go here: http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/
-copy your json file to the left panel.
-now on the right panel you can duplicate one material section of the json file.
-replace the material and texture names on the section you added, by the new same ones you added in blender.

About editing textures in blender....i'm still working my way. waht i'm doing is changing mapping values, and see what they look like in game...

I already made my 5,8km own city circuit and it took me about 30hrs just to complete track and barriers...geez i gotta take a break...

The 'curve' modifier takes the curve without-shrinkwrap for some reason (Blender bug I'd say) so you need to apply the shrinkwrap before it'll line up. Since it only shrinkwraps control points, it's not perfect but it's faster than doing it fully manually.
After some more fiddling I discovered the circled control which, when active, made my fence follow the ground's up and down undulations like the curve. This is on the shrinkwrap deformation modifier to the curve.

upload_2014-5-31_0-41-3.png

Thanks Stereo. This is going to make modeling armco a lot easier!

Can you post here your settings.json ?

I did it :) But can someone tell me how i can improve my textures ? :(

fc3987a5bf4b.jpg
It looks like these textures are are poorly scaled, and are applied globally as opposed to UV mapping them. The racer forum on this site has many threads that deal with texture application. Also the racer website documentation page has a few tutorials on the topic such as this one.

I may be coming back to this, gotta say I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of immersion features in this engine, I still need to research all the features and find out what's possible , what is planned to be implemented and what will never happen.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back