How to make a pitstop or stop and go? PROBLEM SOLVED

Marcel Hulsbergen

#111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
I can't make any pitstops or stop and go's.

I do a request, i get the message "pit in". When i drive in the pitlimiter takes control and i can't control the car. This is in Sim mode and happens on- and offline.

I saw tonight TheStig[RPM] making a stop and go, i tried it too but the car just drives through.

Anyone knows how to solve this, it should be possible to make a pitstop.

Well, I think you can't make pitstops in Race, it's not really a bug, it's more to do with the fact that no-one in the real WTCC would ever bother making a pitstop as it would put them last by a long way, they might as well retire. This isn't always the case in the game though, especially with wreckers and everything online :roll:

I solved the problem today and i think many others have this problem too so please do what i did.

1. Go to your steam folder and find your Race game and browse to your plr file eg Steam\steamapps\steamaccount\race\UserData\WAKUWAKU, for me it's wakuwaku

2. Rename or delete the user.plr file, i renamed it for a backup

3. Start race and add a new profile and name it as it used to be named so all your setups etc will still be in your profiles folder

4. Adjust all settings, remap the controller etc, you create a new plr file now with the same name as you had before.

Now all is fixed, at least it fixed it for me.

So to be short, generate a new plr file thats all.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 255 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.8%