F1 2013 How to make a good start in the race ?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I am in Bahrain now.Till now the race starts have been sub standard.I got pole in Bahrain,so I want to make good start and pull away.
Can you people give me any tips to get good start?

BTW I am using Logitech F510 gamepad and all assists turned off.And I don't want to use them either.

Against AI I always struggle not to loose positions at the start. It should be about getting good traction off the line, don't wheel spin. This works much better online than it does against AI especially on high difficulty.

90% throttle to 50kph, full throttle after. Second gear between 90-110 depending on gears. Simple really.

If you cant do that with a pad then I guess let go of throttle for a split second just after the lights go out and back on again to reduce wheel spin.

Why is the game unrealistic in this matter? If you start like they do in real life it works similar in the game?

Gradually press the throttle for maximum grip and minimum wheelspin.

That it can't be achieved with a controller says more about the unrealistic steering device selected by the player. With a proper wheel, no problems what so ever.

Also people shouldn't worry about the start so much as you won't win or loose a race in the first 300 meters. If you are racing for a longer period of time there is plenty of time left to catch up :)

Also people shouldn't worry about the start so much as you won't win or loose a race in the first 300 meters. If you are racing for a longer period of time there is plenty of time left to catch up :)

However a good start can be the difference between winning or not winning. You don't always want to be playing catchup, just don't crash into anyone.

I believe the phrase is you can't win at the first corner but you can certainly lose. At least something along the lines of.

Why is the game unrealistic in this matter? If you start like they do in real life it works similar in the game?

Gradually press the throttle for maximum grip and minimum wheelspin.

The unrealistic part is that people who crush the throttle pedal right from the begining will be faster :)

Normally they should be spining and swaying ... but since race starts in the game are scripted (yes i don't exagerate), the car won't spin ,but it will if you re exiting a hairpin (even if you straighten the car) !

I am in Bahrain now.Till now the race starts have been sub standard.I got pole in Bahrain,so I want to make good start and pull away.
Can you people give me any tips to get good start?

BTW I am using Logitech F510 gamepad and all assists turned off.And I don't want to use them either.

When in pole quickly cut infront of 2nd position at start then you can weave your way quickly to the first corner and cut your way in ...

The unrealistic part is that people who crush the throttle pedal right from the begining will be faster :)

Normally they should be spining and swaying ... but since race starts in the game are scripted (yes i don't exagerate), the car won't spin ,but it will if you re exiting a hairpin (even if you straighten the car) !

Yeah I agree. It took me to Race 4 in Career to learn the quickest way to start a race is to mash the throttle, keep bouncing of the rev limiter and slowly change up gears...totally unrealistic and one of the few downers of this game (after Mods installed). Here I was thinking I had to minimize revs and wheelspin but I was getting creamed off the line :O_o:

I've played F1 religiously since 2010...legend difficulty with no assists....starting in China on 2013, I went from P4 to P22 before I crossed the line. I tried many different throttle levels, and nothing helps. It's pretty silly. I even tried turning TCS on to full, and it still does it. I think it may be more of a glitch. I mean the car just shudders and doesn't go anywhere, even at like 5% throttle.

No they won't go faster, trust me. I've tried everything - full throttle, shortshifting, kers, lean mixture and I found that everything in starts is optimal throttle control which I personally can't achieve at starts for now. I'm just like Mark Webber in F1 2013. I'm able to take pole at pretty much every track in the leagues I play but I always lose places at the start :(

The game is unrealistic at starts of races. Period. Anyone disagreeing with this lost the plot. I myself have tried everything, but if I don't get uber-aggressive at the first corner there is no way I keep P1. I use Fanatec gear (incl. CS Pedals) and am struggling after driving F1 sims sims ince '92 with wheels. So yeah...pretty messed up if you ask me.

You can smash the throttle or start at 80% and gradually go to 100% but the most important part of starting is when you change gear. Go too early and you will bog down and too late and your losing speed and over revving. I know at spain with max gears it was best to change at 100kph then 150 kph and after that like normal. I was faster than the AI off the start.

It will change from track to track though and dependent on your first second third and forth gear ratios though.

In RL they have to use a clutch where as in F1 CM Style you don't, never gonna be realistic.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%